Menu

Tin Man Press Sale

Farrar

Tin Man Press has a few things on sale for Back to School.  I've never seen them have a sale that I can remember, so I thought I'd note it for everyone.  We've had the Thinkable bundle before and it's good.  In general, their materials are really neat.  I call them "anti-worksheets" because a lot of them are worksheets but where you have to think outside the box.  They have other books that encourage creative or logical thinking through activities and puzzles.  My kids are starting to outgrow these, but they really have been lots of fun.

https://www.tinmanpress.com/

Our absolute favorites were:

- Drawing Starts. LOVED these... in fact, I may print more sets out again and do them one more time. What made them fun is that all four of us would do them in the evening, including my husband. Funny enough, he would totally get into it, hiding his paper so no one could see his drawing, and taking longer than everyone else, because he "wanted to take his time...". We all laughed a lot with those.

- What's That? Also really loved.

I might have to get a few for my son for this year. Sadly, my daughter has outgrown them :(

Our absolute favorites were:

- Drawing Starts. LOVED these... in fact, I may print more sets out again and do them one more time. What made them fun is that all four of us would do them in the evening, including my husband. Funny enough, he would totally get into it, hiding his paper so no one could see his drawing, and taking longer than everyone else, because he "wanted to take his time...". We all laughed a lot with those.

- What's That? Also really loved.

I might have to get a few for my son for this year. Sadly, my daughter has outgrown them :(

Soooo....your daughter has outgrown them but not your husband?  :lol:

I have a ton of TMP books but used them mostly when my oldest and middle kids were younger.  I've got to get them out and use them with youngest daughter!  I'm worried she's going to outgrow them before I can use them all....but, they are really fun that I don't think she's outgrow them yet...I know she'll enjoy them a lot (she'll be 11 next month). 

Soooo....your daughter has outgrown them but not your husband?  :lol:

I have a ton of TMP books but used them mostly when my oldest and middle kids were younger.  I've got to get them out and use them with youngest daughter!  I'm worried she's going to outgrow them before I can use them all....but, they are really fun that I don't think she's outgrow them yet...I know she'll enjoy them a lot (she'll be 11 next month). 

Lol! Yes, I just looked, and we have almost all of the 4-6 grade versions, so I think we are done buying them. But honestly, the drawing starts are so brilliant. I would actually like to find MORE of those. I'd buy that in a heartbeat!!

In my pottery class in jr high we had to start each class with a draw start - I loved them!  Which books would be good for a first grader boy?

Since it's on sale and will be tailored to the right level and has a bunch of different ones, I'd get the first grade Thinkables bundle.