Menu

Help me streamline things

OK. I work from home. My current client requires 15 hours of me. Two of those hours are working on the phone in a virtual call center type atmosphere. That means I have to "sequester" myself in my room for that two hours. That isn't bad BUT we have come to a point where I am going to need to pick up more hours. I don't want to have to be "sequestered" for 10 hours a week. I don't like being shut up for that amount of time. All hell (pardon the word) breaks loose in the house when I am. You should see it when I go grocery shopping but I digress.

So this morning I managed to pick up another client that is more data entry. There is no phone work involved. I need to work 10 hours on that client. So I will be working roughly 25 hours a week. It isn't a bad gig, I get to work from home. However it does tend to put a strain on my time.

I want your opinions on what subjects we should keep and get rid of. I think I have a pretty good idea but it is good to have validation :)

We do math, grammar, writing, history, science, reading (with phonics for our 6yo), Latin, logic, spelling and handwriting. Sounds like a lot but we don't do all every day. So my thinking was to get rid of Latin and logic for now. The core items we would do every day and then rotate others. Does that sound like it would be doable? I also need to fit in grocery shopping, meal making, cleaning and exercise. How do you moms that work full time do it? I am talking 25 hours and am pulling my hair out. Hats off to you.

So sound good? Any other ideas? I am open to almost anything!!

Are you homeschooling all 3 children listed in your siggy?  I'd focus on math, writing, and reading. If you can include history or science within the reading, that's great.

For the exercise, I'd do something together with the dc - it will benefit you all. Cycling, walking, running, hiking, something to get you all moving.

Wintermom, yes I HS all three. :)

I would love to do freezer meals. If I had the freezer space. I used to have another freezer when I had a rental where the refrigerator was efficient. The one out current LL gave us is so old it takes way to much electricity to run. We tried. So we only use ours.

We do walk as a family. Hiking we don't do much. I don't have time to drive to a hiking spot all the time. We don't have anywhere to bicycle. Way to many hills and narrow roads with traffic. Like I said we do walk but with the kids it doesn't really do me much good. My heart rate doesn't get up much.We still try though. I don't run. Yet. Running and me.... well we just shouldn't be used in the same sentence. :)