Menu

Britannica Digital Learning?

Interesting...$1020.00 is pretty pricey without that HBC discount. We've always subscribed every year to Discovery Education Plus, which we get mostly for Elementary Spanish. 

Just from the intro video they have, it seems the search is pretty user-friendly, giving Elementary, Middle, and High school levels, and within each page, allowing the option to simplify or advance the reading on the topic. Nice that you can view it on tablets, pcs, etc...

I'll bite the bullet and give it a try. I'll try to differentiate from Discovery Education Streaming Plus once I have some time with it. Looks like I'll have a login within minutes, but it will probably take a few days to have time to play with Britannica Digital Learning.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bite the bullet and give it a try. I'll try to differentiate from Discovery Education Streaming Plus once I have some time with it. Looks like I'll have a login within minutes, but it will probably take a few days to have time to play with Britannica Digital Learning.

I'm purchasing today, but curious if you've had a chance to check this out?

If you are shopping around... I went with Testingmom.com- I was able to get BrainPop and BrainPop, Jr. (which I wanted) along with Britannica and several other online offerings for less than $70. Someone here gave a coupon code "Circle25" that brought the price down. 

The downside to getting this package deal rather than just the programs you want is the login procedures.  I really don't care for the extra login steps and the testingmom window around whatever program I am using, and I have had trouble getting up and running with some of the programs that require a separate login.  But, just getting both versions of BrainPop would give me my $'s worth compared to purchasing elsewhere. I was also able to get a couple of reading programs that my youngest will use, along with the Britannica access.  So I am willing to endure the inconvenience. 

ETA: I can't tell if the programs I have access to are the full version offered by HSBC or not.  But it looks like what is available via Testingmom is  light on video presentations and heavy on text with images.  For instances, under the heading "Continents" there wer only 55 videos listed, but there were ample other resources. 

• 1 year later...

I dropped my access through Testingmom.com (be sure to check BBB complaints if you are considering the site).  I am now using DE and usually assign at least one video daily.  I can collect things I want the kids to watch on a "board" and then they just click on them one by one.  The video quality is grainy if the images are made full screen, but the kids don't seem to mind.