Menu

I am afraid

Chris in VA

I pm'ed you. I don't think this is appropriate, despite good intentions.

Seriously???

If someone wrote a poem for me, I would be honored and thankful.

Heck, I'd be impressed with a limerick.

I can't imagine why you think Chris was wrong for writing and posting her beautiful and heartfelt poem.

Ultimately, it's up to Rosie to decide how she feels, and I think if anything is inappropriate in this thread, it's your public criticism of Chris.

Seriously???

If someone wrote a poem for me, I would be honored and thankful.

Heck, I'd be impressed with a limerick.

I can't imagine why you think Chris was wrong for writing and posting her beautiful and heartfelt poem.

Ultimately, it's up to Rosie to decide how she feels, and I think if anything is inappropriate in this thread, it's your public criticism of Chris.

Personally, when I can't imagine why someone would do something, I take the time to ask before attacking them. I guess we do things differently.

Personally, when I can't imagine why someone would do something, I take the time to ask before attacking them. I guess we do things differently.

I'm sorry, but if you had something to say to Chris about how "inappropriate" her poem was, there was no reason to post it publicly, particularly since you said you were also sending her a PM.

You certainly didn't "take the time to ask" when you posted your comment about Chris's poem, so I hardly think you should be painting yourself as the victim here.

And FWIW, you needn't be so dramatic. I didn't "attack" you. :rolleyes:

I should have pm'd it.

I had just read about the quilt that people so lovingly made for Rosie, and I felt a bit, IDK, weird that I didn't participate when Rosie means so much to me.

So the poem just popped out. I don't do grief well myself, and it inhibits me from being who I want to be with those who have hard things to go thru.

Rosie, you are gracious and generous,  and I dearly care for you. Thank you for allowing me to give you what I can-- Thank you for always just being Rosie. I admire you so much and can't even say how much I wish good for you.

It's such a beautiful poem that initially I assumed it was plucked from history. Holy cow -- you can write, Chris!!!

The message within the poem is clear and poignant.

Chris, I think your poem has opened me up to poetry like no poem I've ever read before.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Rosie))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I don't have Chris's gift. Just hugs.

Alley

That was lovely Chris. I'm glad you posted it here. Poems about grief are grounding and comforting. And I don't want to go into a poem analysis which is what I keep doing when I try to type why I like your poem. So I'll just type that I like it and it's timely. It's timely because I just saw the quilt thread too. I wasn't really ever on the chat side before July so I was unaware of the loss of Rosie's son before yesterday and didn't know how to express my sympathy without digging up the old thread or pm ing her out of the blue. To do nothing seemed callous. So thank you Chris. Rosie, this is so belated, so I'll just say I've been praying that God will continue to give you comfort and peace.

I should have pm'd it.

I had just read about the quilt that people so lovingly made for Rosie, and I felt a bit, IDK, weird that I didn't participate when Rosie means so much to me.

So the poem just popped out. I don't do grief well myself, and it inhibits me from being who I want to be with those who have hard things to go thru.

Rosie, you are gracious and generous,  and I dearly care for you. Thank you for allowing me to give you what I can-- Thank you for always just being Rosie. I admire you so much and can't even say how much I wish good for you.

Ditto that!

I wanted and had planned on participating, but got flustered not understanding the directions.  I should have persevered.  Anyway, here is a heart-felt hug, Rosie. 

I should have pm'd it.

Rosie, you are gracious and generous, and I dearly care for you. Thank you for allowing me to give you what I can-- Thank you for always just being Rosie. I admire you so much and can't even say how much I wish good for you.

No, I don't think you should have PM'd it. You shared a bit of your soul with us and I, for one, am honored. Your touching poem is heart-renderingly beautiful.

Thank you.