Menu

What are your daily beverage habits?

Ginevra

I'm just curious. Do you start every morning with coffee? Tea? W/sugar, honey, cream, milk? How about throughout the day? Do you drink water generally? Purified? Tap? Well? With dinner, what do you drink? How much? Etc.

I'll go first: start every morning with a generously-sized coffee, cream & sugar. Sometimes I fill my cup once more; other times not. I make a large ice water, which I carry about, sip from, and refill. Most often have iced green tea w/sugar at lunch and dinner; sometimes another time in the day. That about it, unless I also have a smoothie or a hot tea w/honey. :)

I stumble out of bed at 6 am to cook breakfast for dh and myself.  At that point he has already poured me a tall icy Pepsi Max.  After that I switch to water until after lunch.  

What I *really* want is to drink PW's iced coffee all day long, complete with honest-to-goodness heavy whipping cream and vanilla simple syrup.  But I cannot do that because I have no self control. If I have one, I'll be unable to stop.  

I have milk or some kind of protein enhanced homemade juice or smoothie with breakfast depending on what else I am eating for breakfast.  I drink mostly water throughout the rest of the day.  I don't drink coffee or soda and if I drink herbal tea it is usually an after dinner or before bed type of beverage.

Two cups of coffee in the morning (with sugar and half & half), then water the rest of the day. Sometimes if I'm out and about I'll get a Starbucks coffee. Very rarely I'll have wine with dinner. When we have pizza, which is also rare, I like soda.

Water is what I drink most of the time.

My DH makes the coffee every morning and I drink way too much of it throughout the morning.  Switching to black coffee is one of the few dietary changes that I kept after trying a Whole 30 last year.  I usually just have water the rest of the day.  If I need a bit more energy in the afternoon, I'll have green or black tea, hot in winter, iced in summer. DH and I will often have a small glass of wine with dinner, or some other adult beverage when the kids are asleep.  

My preference is to drink coffee (with Natural Bliss vanilla creamer) until sunset and then switch to Malibu bay breezes, but since that probably isn't a good idea long term :p , I go with two cups of coffee in the morning, water throughout the day (from the well, run through the Brita filter,) and once in a while cap it off with a bay breeze or hard tea.

dh leaves a cup of coffee on my bedside table every morning. In all these years I have never told him that it is stone cold by the time I haul my sorry butt out of bed. Or he guesses but doesn't mind, lol.

So I have a cup of reheated coffee with flavoured sugar free syrup and raw milk. I think right now it is hazelnut flavour.

I have two, maybe three, cups of that and then switch to black tea or green tea depending on my mood. I like tea better but dh likes coffee and he gets up and makes it. It is sitting right there so I drink it, lol.

In the late afternoon I have a cup of matcha green tea with chia.

Um..a bunch of water

Most days that is it. A couple times a month I might have some whiskey on ice. Depends on how horrible the children were.

Big mug of coffee (Folgers or store brand, made in a Boring coffee maker) with heavy cream and a squirt of liquid stevia (Whole Foods brand). I'll have one more mug sometime between lunch and 3pm, usually reheating it several times before it is finished.

The rest of the time I drink water, though I need to drink much much more. Once in a while I'll have a cup of tea in the evening.

Big cup of coffee in the am (sometimes 2 or 3--I make 6 in the coffee maker just in case I want a lot or someone comes over). Monk fruit for sweetner and Coffemate liquid creamer, usually vanilla.

Used to drink several  diet sodas a day but am trying to cut back.

When dog walking (just ending next week) I keep bottled water in my car and drink 2-3 from 10:30 to about 2:30.

Water (or soda, but again, trying not to) with dinner and one more glass during the evening.

Wine or spirits rarely.

I drink water, water, and more water. I prefer filtered, sometimes distilled. I occasionally drink diluted fruit juice. I tend to dislike sweet drinks, and on the rare occasions I drink some soda I dilute that too. My toddler likes diluted drinks as well--he almost always asks me to add water to his cup of milk (or milk to his cup of water).

In the summer time I drink:

1 large cup of coffee in the morning with 1/2 & 1/2 and stevia

Throughout the day I continuously refill a glass with ice and water flavored with cucumber, mint and stevia

In the afternoon, if we're doing school, I'll have another, smaller cup of coffee as a pick me up

Morning -- Coffee with terribly-bad-for-you vanilla Coffeemate

Afternoon -- Kombucha and chia seed drink (massive amounts of Omega 3s for mood) -- aka the $4 happy drink

Water or La Croix sparkling water

Occasionally Coconut water

Sangria by the pool several times per month

Evening -- Wine or water

ETA: Occasionally Diet Coke as well, once in a blue moon a Dr. Pepper

Black coffee in the morning - anywhere from 1-3 cups. Then I switch to water and sparkling water for the rest of the day. In the winter, I'll have a cup of hot black coffee or tea with honey in the afternoon and occasionally either a glass of wine or hot tea in the evening. I also keep a large glass (mason jar) of water on my bedside table because I usually wake up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and then realize I'm thirsty, which then leads to more bathroom trips...

Water all day, usually with a slice of lemon or lime, is my primary drink. Occasionally orange juice, Bragg's raw apple cinnamon juice, or kombucha as a treat. Lately I've been drinking A LOT of fresh watermelon juice. I go through seasons where I like warm herbal teas, but more often than not I just use them medicinally. I also go through green smoothie phases, too but not lately. I don't drink alcohol, coffee, milk, or soda at all.

One large glass of water first thing.  It is about 3 1/2 cups.  Then two mugs of coffee with a little creamer every morning.  Then water the rest of the day.  Sometimes a sweet tea or sips of dh's sweet tea.  I'm a coffee and water kinda gal.  I drink a LOT of water and go to the bathroom an impressive number of times every day.

Large cup of black tea with coconut milk and a little sugar first thing. 1-3 cups of hot or iced coffee and/or tea until noonish, depending on the weather and what is available. A few times a week I'll have soda, coconut water, or something in the afternoon. Otherwise mostly water.

My day starts out with 20 oz of water, sometimes more. 
1 can of Diet Coke (which you will pry out of my cold, chemical laden hands)
Another 100-140 oz. of water throughout the day.
6 oz. red wine at night

* I work PT 3-5 days a week at a labor intensive job, live in the Mojave desert, and work out first thing in the morning. My water intake does go down in the winter months. 

I usually have a cup of tea in the morning with breakfast (loose black tea, Splenda, cream) and one in the evening. The rest of the day I am most likely to drink iced tea (brewed with loose tea, flavored with rose or apricot flavoring, sweetened with Splenda).

I usually have a cup of tea in the morning with breakfast (loose black tea, Splenda, cream) and one in the evening. The rest of the day I am most likely to drink iced tea (brewed with loose tea, flavored with rose or apricot flavoring, sweetened with Splenda).

Ellie, dear, don't use Splenda. It's BAAAD for you. Use regular sugar or organic whole cane sugar. :)

I drink about 4-5 refills of my Thermos ice water bottle every day, beginning with vitamins when I wake up.  I drink a large assortment of teas and herbal teas, as well-unsweetened.  Usually a cup with breakfast and a cup before bed.  I drink coffee only from Starbucks, so once a week or less since I live over an hour from one. 

Every day, I drink tea, coffee, water, orange juice, grape juice, and at least one latte or cappuccino. I drink soda, too, but not every day. I also drink cranberry juice instead of grape juice on some days.

I like the water and the juices, but my heart belongs to caffeine. :)