Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frances

All of the likes have disappeared

Yeah, I always feel funny complaining.  I appreciate the boards tremendously.  I know they're a free service and that they take a lot to run. 

I agree (Like!). It feels wrong to complain about a free service. However if they (SWB, PHP) didn't want us here they wouldn't provide the board. I've seen homeschool forums go away or change dramatically, and not for the better, over the years. I would think that if they want people to stay, they'd at least respond to something that so many people are talking about.

Also, I will publicly say - Even though this is the post I'm responding to, I liked a bunch of posts in this thread. :)

Just checking in to see if anything has happened in the way of getting our likes made visible again. I'm beginning to feel a little like we might have to find a nice little girl to creep up the magician's stairs and read the spell out of the book. 

:iagree:  with all of this, especially the bolded.

I appreciate the boards a tremendous amount.
I think the communication since the switch has been very poor.

Yeah, I always feel funny complaining.  I appreciate the boards tremendously.  I know they're a free service and that they take a lot to run.  I appreciate the moderation, which with only a few exceptions I think is justified and helps keep this place one of the nicest, most polite places on the internet.  But when an issue like this comes up, it would be nice if someone popped in to say, hey, we did that on purpose because..., or hey, it's part of some new board software and we'll see if we can bring them back but it'll be a few weeks, or whatever.

I agree (Like!). It feels wrong to complain about a free service. However if they (SWB, PHP) didn't want us here they wouldn't provide the board. I've seen homeschool forums go away or change dramatically, and not for the better, over the years. I would think that if they want people to stay, they'd at least respond to something that so many people are talking about.

Also, I will publicly say - Even though this is the post I'm responding to, I liked a bunch of posts in this thread. :)

The "likes" should be back shortly. 

Believe it or not, the boards run with a skeleton crew. It often takes us some time to address issues.

Incidentally, we have received no PMs from any member about the problem.

Please be patient and go talk about other things. Thank you.

I find this totally hilarious. Yet not surprising. 

I didn't even think of PMing. :lol:

I find this totally hilarious. Yet not surprising. 

I didn't even think of PMing. :lol:

Nor did I.  :blushing:

Why take an effective private action when I could just complain publicly?

Well good grief!  I would have pm'ed but I saw someone say they were going to!

Thank you, moderators!

Believe it or not, the boards run with a skeleton crew. It often takes us some time to address issues.

Should we PM a moderator or OtherJohn when there are issues?

I have sent OtherJohn PMs in the past (re tags) and never received a reply. We've also never received a response in the thread here in the Site News about tagging.

We also have the issue still with private social groups not being able to extend invitations to new members. This has been going on well over a month. OtherJohn has been PMed (to my knowledge) and there has been discussion in the pinned Social Groups thread on this page.

This is where my frustration with lack of communication comes from.

Hi all,

I worked with a few individuals on the social groups and they reported it was back to working.  The likes should be showing again. 

One thing that might cause some problems is how heavily cached the website is. Because of the amount of traffic to the site we run the site on 4-5 servers, a firewall, and CDN. 

If you do not see the likes issue showing again, try logging out of the site and back on. 

John

Thank you!