Menu

100 Easy Lessons and Explode the Code?

abba12

Has anyone combined 100 Easy Lessons and Explode the Code? If so, how?

And what about readers like I See Sam and Bob Books with 100EZ? The book is pretty clear about not introducing things early, but I don't think any mainstream readers line up with it and I'd like to use some.

We've used both Bob books and I See Sam books with 100 EZ Lessons. It's gone really well so far, though we did hit a road block with Bob Books Set 3, so we took a break from them for it bit, as that set is much harder. We waited to introduce the readers until around lesson 20 in 100EZ. At around lesson 50 we added OPGTR as well, since neither 100EZ or the readers tell what the phonics rules are. We are currently at lesson 78 in 100EZ, and set 3 of Bob books and he can read almost any beginning reader, and can read the parent instructions in OPGTR and 100EZ lessons.

Guest freawaru

We started out our school-year last year doing that,  100 Easy Lessons and Explode the Code... bringing Explode the Code in after the first section of 100EL was finished. It worked nicely while we did it, and I liked the extra practice Explode the Code gave, but we ended up quitting it again (EtC) just because of workload issues.