Menu

Latina Christiana PLUS Famous Men of Rome??

We are using LC1 this year, and we are reading from Famous Men of Rome too. The LC teacher's manual tells you which chapters of Famous Men are covered on each test, so I'm pacing our reading to match that. We do Latin 5 days a week, but only read/discuss Famous Men on two of those days. The pacing is pretty slow; we are ahead even with only doing the history part twice a week. So, until the test, I'm just reviewing the important information that they need to remember for the test. (The information from Famous Men isn't found on the quizzes, just the test that happens every 5 lessons).

We did. I just added the stories in FMoR to our days as a read aloud and then used some of the questions from the teacher's guide to discuss them a little. I did not require them to know the history for the quizzes or tests though. The kids really liked the stories.

This is pretty much what we did last year. I read a chapter on Mondays, discussed a little and that was that. No quizzes or tests. My boys enjoyed the stories.