Menu

Saxon Algebra 1 Question

That was going to be my question.  

Can you manage to get yourself through an algebra problem, with the guidance of the text?  If so, you'll be fine.  

I can think of about five times last year when I'd wished I'd had the solutions manual.  Otherwise, we managed to muddle through on our own.  I'll admit, though, I made sure to get it for Algebra 2 this year!  lol

I was a math major, and we got it for Algebra I and up.  My kids check their own homework and mark it, and then I look it over once a week to see where they are struggling and grade their tests.  In some cases they approach things differently than I learned, so it helps to see that step-by-step.

And yes, buy used.  I bought mine used.

Yes, I'd get the solutions manual unless you want to spend time doing 30 algebra problems daily.  I *can* do them (most of them), but I don't have time to sit and do every Algebra problem, every day.

Yes Thank you! I am going to try and find one!! Looks like I have to spend at least $35 on ebay or amazon.

Yes, I'd get the solutions manual unless you want to spend time doing 30 algebra problems daily.  I *can* do them (most of them), but I don't have time to sit and do every Algebra problem, every day.

Why would you need to do all of the problems if you don't have the solutions manual?  :confused:

The homeschool kit comes with an answer key...

Why would you need to do all of the problems if you don't have the solutions manual?   :confused:

The homeschool kit comes with an answer key...

Oh, that's true.

I've used Saxon from K-Algebra I, and I had always purchased the Student Text and Solutions Manual (which included answers to tests).  But when I purchased the Solutions Manual this year for Algebra I, it did not include the test answers.  I learned that you need the Homeschool Packet (book) - which, as you said, does include the answers to the Problem Sets as well as the tests.  I don't know if there has always been just an answer key for all the other books as well; I just never knew about it!