Menu

S/O Tea Drinkers

Desert Strawberry

I used to have a bunch but then realized I drank just a few regularly. I have very pedestrian tastes, though, when it comes to tea. My go-to is Lipton (*gasp*). I also keep around Tazo Zen, a rooibos chai, and Trader Joe's Peppermint, and Trader Joe's Cinnamon & Vanilla/Celestial Nutcraker Sweet (exactly the same tea, just a different box).

OK-- I just took a quick look:

I have 30 in my 'spice rack' (on back of pantry door)-- mix of bags and loose tea (I use natural paper filters with loose tea)

20 in one of my kitchen drawers

6 in one of my upper cabinets (spice rack and drawer are full)...

and 15-20 different flavors from various sampler packs in a basket for company

-- I just remembered I have 3 falvors of blooming tea balls that go with my glass tea kettle.

I have regular Lipton too.

I like that Tazo Zen tea too. They have an iced tea packet that is similar, have you had it cold? It is good.

I grew up in a family where iced tea always, always equaled sweet tea, so it kind of freaks me out a little to drink anything other than black tea iced. I appreciate your recommendation and will definitely give it try. My routine could use a little shaking up. :)

Not very many, maybe 7 or 8.  I drink the same tea for b'fast every day (Teegschwedner's Strawberry cream black tea), but different things in the afternoon and evening, like jasmine or a white tea.  I don't like and fruity "fru fru" or herbal "teas."  I am of the campy that they're not really tea.  I will drink strawberry or blackberry, but only in a black tea.  I like the hard stuff.   ;)  I also only use loose leaf, unless I'm away from the house, and then I suffer through bags.  If it's bagged tea though, it must be a STRONG black tea (like Irish B'fast or English b'fast).

Both my boys drink hot tea in the morning too.  Han Solo likes me to put it in a sippy cup, so I put several ice cubes in it to make it just barely warm.  We drink so much in the mornings that I've had to start making a full pot in the mornings, instead of half a pot.

Green matcha and a black and maybe 5 other non black type teas. I used to have many boxes but I had too many experiences of needing to toss them all out because they got infested with pantry moths. I stopped keeping so many in the house after the second time of tossing them.

I should add that I have more in the house in the winter. My boys like having hot tea throughout the winter and I try to get different non-caffinated teas for them. But, as the weather warms I stop buying the tea.

But I always have Bewley's and Matcha

I refuse to count. That just leads to admitting I have a problem. I have a drawer, a bin in the pantry, a basket on a shelf, a 12" x 12", 4-drawer cabinet, and a travel box. In the drawer, everything has been removed from the original boxes and placed in labeled ziplocks to hold more and keep it tidy. It looks a bit like a pattern drawer at JoAnn's.

I have enough friends who are too overwhelmed and ask me to pick that my supplies stay fairly fresh. If they have no strong preferences, I usually brew two very different pots and we drink from those while chatting. I find this is a great way to move product :-)

I grew up in a family where iced tea always, always equaled sweet tea, so it kind of freaks me out a little to drink anything other than black tea iced. I appreciate your recommendation and will definitely give it try. My routine could use a little shaking up. :)

I am in SC so I can certainly understand that. :lol:

I don't like sweet tea, at least not how they make it here. I like it without sweetener.

Green matcha and a black and maybe 5 other non black type teas. I used to have many boxes but I had too many experiences of needing to toss them all out because they got infested with pantry moths. I stopped keeping so many in the house after the second time of tossing them.

I should add that I have more in the house in the winter. My boys like having hot tea throughout the winter and I try to get different non-caffinated teas for them. But, as the weather warms I stop buying the tea.

But I always have Bewley's and Matcha

I keep my tea in metal tins that close tightly.

I got pantry moths ONE TIME. I am a bit OCD and ever since then I get a bit freaky about putting things in jars or canisters.

I still put rice and dry goods in the freezer particularly when I first bring them home. I think they came from some bulk food place, it was a horrific experience.

I only like a few different teas. I probably have around 7 or 8 different kinds, but eventually I will throw most of them away because the flavors always sound better than they are, or the sample at the tea store tastes great because I'm thirsty from walking around the mall, but isn't that wonderful when I get it home.

I keep trying to like herbal teas. And I keep failing.

I only like a few different teas. I probably have around 7 or 8 different kinds, but eventually I will throw most of them away because the flavors always sound better than they are, or the sample at the tea store tastes great because I'm thirsty from walking around the mall, but isn't that wonderful when I get it home.

I keep trying to like herbal teas. And I keep failing.

Stop trying.  They're foul.

I prefer actually brewing up my own herbs or spices. Mint tea made from real mint is vastly better than any "mint tea" in a bag I've ever had. Although I will say, I *once* had a cup of mint tea that was pretty good! It was at a friend's house, and she is a Trader Joe's fanatic; it was theirs. She was so pleased I liked it! ha. Anyway, things like cinnamon and fennel or whatever, make an interesting enough herbal tea on their own, I think.

What does nettle tea taste like??

One. I drink the same black tea every day. I have it loose (which is how I normally drink it) and bagged.

And a few random types of bags for when my mom visits. :) But she brings her own supply with her.

This is me, too.

I actually drink 2, though. A yummy spice tea or a black my SIL bootlegs from Ireland. ;)

I prefer actually brewing up my own herbs or spices. Mint tea made from real mint is vastly better than any "mint tea" in a bag I've ever had. Although I will say, I *once* had a cup of mint tea that was pretty good! It was at a friend's house, and she is a Trader Joe's fanatic; it was theirs. She was so pleased I liked it! ha. Anyway, things like cinnamon and fennel or whatever, make an interesting enough herbal tea on their own, I think.

What does nettle tea taste like??

Nettle tea I've used in a big brewing pot when anyone gets sick with flu, bronchitis type stuff and only once have I tasted it as a tea unto itself.

Funny, it tastes green and slightly tart, but not anything nasty.

Foul, ha! Mom in High Heels, you need to honey your tea, add a little lemon, maybe an 1/8 tsp. of slippery elm.

Nettle tea I've used in a big brewing pot when anyone gets sick with flu, bronchitis type stuff and only once have I tasted it as a tea unto itself.

Funny, it tastes green and slightly tart, but not anything nasty.

Foul, ha! Mom in High Heels, you need to honey your tea, add a little lemon, maybe an 1/8 tsp. of slippery elm.

I cannot stand honey in my tea.  I've tried and tried and tried, but...no.  Indy and Han Solo love honey in their tea, but it's not for me.  I can see herbal teas being helpful if someone is sick, but not for every day drinking.  Ick.  I like my tea strong and dark.

I cannot stand honey in my tea.  I've tried and tried and tried, but...no.  Indy and Han Solo love honey in their tea, but it's not for me.  I can see herbal teas being helpful if someone is sick, but not for every day drinking.  Ick.  I like my tea strong and dark.

Red raspberry leaf tea tastes like regular ol' black pekoe tea to me and I steep it (covered) for a half hour so it has time to cool enough for drinking.

I used to drink tea and coffee but that was long ago

Four or five at any one time. I have a go to everyday tea (PG tips) but keep a peppermint and lemon tea for sore throats and stomachs. I usually have some English or Irish Breakfast, and a decaf of some kind for evenings. Sometimes I have a few more exotic things, but pretty much that's my tea shelf for now.

That's not fair. I like chamomile :)

I have a lot of herbal teas, but they are medicinal. I mix them with something more palatable like black or Jasmine, or chill them and drink them over ice, or chug them quickly.

I like to mix fruity teas with black or green. I also chill them for an alternative to juice. My kids like it.

Guest inoubliable

Wow. I have just two. 
Darjeeling in the morning, Earl Grey in the afternoon/evening. 

I come from a family that did the black tea (Red Rose - the one with the figurines!) southern iced tea. I found a box of that here in my new town and snapped it up, thinking it would be a nice little throwback to my childhood. Meh. But my kids think the figurines are amazing. LOL.

That's not fair. I like chamomile :)

I have a lot of herbal teas, but they are medicinal. I mix them with something more palatable like black or Jasmine, or chill them and drink them over ice, or chug them quickly.

I like to mix fruity teas with black or green. I also chill them for an alternative to juice. My kids like it.

I used to mix them but I drank a TON of RRL/Oatstraw/Nettle/Alfalfa mix tea when I was pg with #4 and got a taste for it.  Now I usually make dandelion or nettle tea-unsweetened with lemon slices by the gallon to keep as cold tea in the fridge.  Even a couple of my kids like it (one adds honey).  Right now I'm drinking Evening Repose tea with an added sprinkle of Passionflower for anxiety.  I can't stand sweetener in my tea anymore. :)