Menu

Need suggestions for quick pick up after fasting for blood test

Tiramisu

I am having a ton of bloodwork done. The office scheduled my blood draw for the same time as other tests. I get low blood sugar if I don't eat early in the morning and the bloodwork is mid-morning. I need ideas for things I can drink or pop in my mouth immediately after the blood draw, and before the other tests, to quickly address any blood sugar low I might have and get me through until the other tests are done.  

My diabetic grandmother told me that soda is quickest, because it's a simple sugar that gets into the bloodstream fast because it's in liquid form. Though I'd imagine OJ or pineapple juice would be a very close second and a little healthier! Then I'd eat that Larabar in the car. 

ETA: That last sentence sounds so Seussical  :confused1:

Possibly eat one or two Bananas.  Many years ago, I was in the E.R. in a hospital in Cali. After they put 2 or 3 I.V.s into me, the doctor who was taking care of me (a woman) told me that my Potassium level wasn't back up to normal and that I should eat 1 or 2 Bananas after I got home and she let me out of there... Possibly Bananas for you?

ETA: Maybe a bottle of Coca Cola to wash the Banana down?