Menu

Wait! I thought OneNote was free???

I downloaded it and it shows "Your trial has expired.  Most of the features of OneNote have been disabled."  (What trial??? I've never downloaded it before, and my computer--I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit--did not come with OneNote installed.) It says that in order to continue, I should enter a product key (I don't have one) or sign in to an active account (no idea what that means; I don't think I have an account??).  So is the free OneNote not really free?  Or did I download the wrong thing?  HELP!

I think that's what I downloaded. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall. It looks like I had an old computer with one note on it (a trial?). I never used it then, but I have the backup file on my new computer and there's something in there named onenote. I wonder if the old one note file triggered the expiration warning? 

I think that's what I downloaded. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall. It looks like I had an old computer with one note on it (a trial?). I never used it then, but I have the backup file on my new computer and there's something in there named onenote. I wonder if the old one note file triggered the expiration warning? 

Weird, I hope you get it figured out!  Mine came with MS Home and Student so I can't compare.

ETA, cute kitty!!