Menu

where would I buy an oven rack?

BlueTaelon

I've never seen one in a thrift store and have no idea what store might sell them. It seems all stoves here (electric, no gas on this side of the state) only come with 1 rack. Every stove I have ever had till we got here came with at least 2 racks. I do a lot of baking and its costing a lot more only being able to bake 1 tray at a time. Electric is freaking expensive here! Racks can not be that expensive and it would help shave money off by cutting running time in half, I dread another winter here and the electric bill:(

This probably won't help your problem when you have exactly two items to cook, but you might want to consider a toaster oven for times when you either have a third item or just one item so you don't have to use up the same amount of energy. Our new toaster oven even fits a pizza pan.

When I bake I usually double, triple or even quadruple to freeze and bake. I've tried toaster ovens and it was a disaster with GF baked stuff. Im usually baking a half or 3/4 sheet pan so not small amounts. I've eyed commercial multirack ovens on craigslist lol. A girl can dream... I miss having decent stoves/ovens. Yes, I cook, a lot. From scratch 3x a day due to allergy issues. Although the cost of energy up here is high enough its curbing my baking habits.

Sears Parts Direct. It will be specifically made for your oven. Just find the model number. They sell all major brands.

Yes, second this. You will need the model number for your stove, which may be in sn obscure place on the appliance.

So if there is a Sears Hardware near you, you can order for store pickup and save shipping charges.