Menu

Another what's the difference? TT 1.0 vs 2.0

The TT 2.0 high school courses have been updated to make them more rigorous. I have used 1.0 for Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry, and 2.0 for Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1. I'm going from memory here (don't feel like dragging out the books just now), but I do know that Algebra 1 2.0 has additional lessons at the end of the book that cover topics not addressed in Algebra 1 1.0 (functions, for one thing, which are never even mentioned in 1.0). Another thing is that in the 2.0 version, several of the problems in each lesson are multiple choice; not so in 1.0.

I don't have Algebra 2 2.0, but my understanding is that it is the course that underwent the most changes to make it more comparable to other publishers' Algebra 2 programs. Someone correct me if that's wrong.

I don't use the CDs and don't care to have the self-grading (I prefer to teach the lessons myself), but for a student who is average to above-average in understanding math, I would definitely recommend using the 2.0 books (either with or without the CDs). My students struggle with math, so they NEED the slower progression of the 1.0 books. Since I teach the lessons without the CDs anyway and we go over their work together, the 1.0 books work fine for me.

Wait.... someone told me all of the lower grades 3rd-8th were self graded (v1.0 and 2.0) and only the PreA and up classes changed to self grading on the 2.0 version (and the 1.0 were not self grading for those classes)... is that wrong????? I just got 7th grade v1.0 ......should I go try it now....AHHHHH!