Menu

What happened with the Well Planned Day online debacle??

I am one of those who purchased it during the initial launch, and they have continued to refuse to refund me. The company is unethical. I wouldn't even buy a paper planner from them at this point. They should be ashamed of themselves. Don't get me started...ok taking a deep breath! 

• Like 6

I purchased it, too.  I received a refund and also received an email about beta testing.  I looked around the site and wasn't overly impressed either.  I would stay far away.  Last year it was supposed to be finished by Septemberish??  Almost a year later and beta testing starts.  It makes me angry that people paid for this and are still waiting for a functional site.  There are way better options.  OLLY for Mac.  Homeschooltracker has an online version now so you can use with any operating system.  Homeschool helper for ipad and maybe android.  I'm not sure since I just have an ipad.

• Like 1

I paid for it too.  Not being a technical person, I thought something was wrong with me.  I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get anything to work.  I didn't ask for a refund.  I just walked away.  

I wouldn't try it if they paid me.  There is so much out there on the market that is cheaper and works better for my needs.

It's kind of like a train wreck that keeps pulling me back in.  Lol!

• Like 2

I signed up. It's free and no cc required. I ran into a problem with the school year. It won't let me select 2015 from the list for year end date (there is only 2014 to choose from). Then it wants a school period and you have a choice of 1, 2, 3, or 4. I chose 3 for three terms (as the little help button explained) but later it said the whole year was one term. I didn't get very far. It's quite pretty. I wonder if I can post a screen shot...

ETA I went back in to take a screen shot of the missing 2015 and the year long third term but the edit interface is set up much nicer than the initial set up screen. It makes much more sense and has the calendar for 2015. :)

I have a year free I guess and it seems ok.  I have used other online planners and don't see where they have came a long way from the other interface.  It looks different but didn't see the isbn look up or easier lesson planning.  Also, no reports yet. It is coming soon. :(  It actually seems a step back in some ways.  It is less visually appealing which really shouldn't be a factor, but it feels very bare bones when you log in and start adding your students.  I think my biggest disappointment right now is that it just isn't complete.  I didn't want to see "coming soon" on something that you need such as reports.  If you have a high schooler, I would wait if you aren't getting a free year b/c transcript capability is just promised in the future.

• 1 year later...

I'm not one of the people who got burned but I don't want to support a company that treated people like that. And it doesn't sound worth $65 a year. Maybe someone will speak up and talk about all the stuff they added to make it worth it though. They should have a lot more screen shots, but I guess they figure the 30 day free trial lets people explore all they need to to make a decision.

I use onenote. It's free. :)

• Like 1

meh. I don't see where it does anything Homeschool Planet doesn't do, and their customer service is stellar. My only complaint with homeschool planet is that it doesn't have an app for my phone,I have to go to the website on my phone if i want to use it while out and about. 

• Like 1

I'm not one of the people who got burned but I don't want to support a company that treated people like that. And it doesn't sound worth $65 a year. Maybe someone will speak up and talk about all the stuff they added to make it worth it though. They should have a lot more screen shots, but I guess they figure the 30 day free trial lets people explore all they need to to make a decision.

I use onenote. It's free. :)

I use OneNote too. I've done free trials on different planners, but I didn't like any of them as much as I like my nice tables and checklists on OneNote.

I had to giggle at their description of the software, and the part that said, "...and the look that makes HEDUA famous." Apparently the planner comes with an "enraged homeschool parent" theme?

• Like 7

She was one of the main speakers at our local convention this year. I didn't go.

Is she local to you?  Because, otherwise, I can't believe someone would have sought her out to speak.  To my knowledge the rip-off was never refunded, never made right.  It shows a lack of repentance.  I can't imagine they would inspire anyone to flock to a convention.  And I *did* buy the paper version and I *did* like it very much.  But until they make things right with everyone they stole from I will not support that company.

• Like 2

Is she local to you?  Because, otherwise, I can't believe someone would have sought her out to speak.  To my knowledge the rip-off was never refunded, never made right.  It shows a lack of repentance.  I can't imagine they would inspire anyone to flock to a convention.  And I *did* buy the paper version and I *did* like it very much.  But until they make things right with everyone they stole from I will not support that company.

I don't know. Is she from California? 

I also used to get the paper planner every year, but I haven't since this all went down. 

I don't know. Is she from California?

I also used to get the paper planner every year, but I haven't since this all went down.

We may have been at the same convention. I went to the first talk and it was a teaser for the NEXT talk, which I passed on. She's a good speaker, but there just wasn't a lot that I personally found applicable.

I find it insane that she didn't just refund people's money, or offer an extra year or two free... or just ANYTHING to try to make it right. That's sad.

I was one who signed up and waited and waited - and waited - for them to get it together. I never did ask for a refund, although I should have. I think I looked again a couple of months ago and thought, "Wow, not much has changed in the last year/two years."

It is kind of sad because I think she is quite likeable and has a good vision. The execution, though, is really not great. There are others out there (mentioned upthread) that do a much better job. I have ended up using a good ole trusty excel spreadsheet. I can tweak it as I like, and it gets the job done:-)

• Like 3