Menu

How are the new boards changing your habits?

much more difficult to follow the flow of the conversation. I open the posts and don't find the responses nearly as interesting because it feels like they are not tied together at all. I'm missing the old board.

Lisa

This is how I feel, also. Although it does help to have the option to thread, or as I prefer, to "hybrid" the conversations. At least that way I get a glimpse of who was responding to who's response, kwim? But even still, there is little way of bantering, and I think my biggest thing is not being able to search the boards as easily. I know how to search in this format, but it's not as quick. As others have stated, and I agree, it will keep me from being on the boards as frequently - which is a good thing. Far to easy was it for me to quick pop in and do a look-see, only to end up sitting down and staying for awhile. This way, I have to be a bit more calculated as to when I get on here or not. My children will be happy about that, I'm sure. :)

It will all be good in the long run. It's just going to take some time.

~Janna

I think I'll get used to it. It is quite a learning curve though. This board is soo busy it is hard to follow what is going on. I also am having all kinds of "server busy" problems so I've been checking in less often. I'm hoping things will settle down a bit and hit a groove. Until then, I'm not spending much time here. I've got too many other things to do, like blog. LOL.

I don't visit as often because I don't have time to deal with the learning curve right now. I may find some time to learn the ropes later.

I posted something a day or so again and I can't even find it now! LOL Oh well!

Go to your profile and you can find a link to everything you've posted here. HTH!

Kalanamak said it beautifully for me! It seems to be a welcome change for many who have more computer time than I'm able to do. I loved the old boards for the easy scan I could do, and breezy way I could see what was going on. I'm sure I'll still come for specific questions and topics, but I doubt that I'll drop in like I used to. And in the long run that's probably a really good change for my life, there's lots that I should be doing!