Menu

Absolutely huge mom brag

Luckymama

Yay! Great sighs of relief! May he have many excellent offers to choose between, (but under NO circumstance will he be allowed to decide he doesn't really need to take those last 2 classes and get a degree what with all those great job offers like my little brother did and come to regret it sorely 15 years later.) :D

That's wonderful.  I have mentioned to my son over the years that the goal is for him to be self-supporting one day (among other things).  Sounds like your son is almost there. 

Inquiring minds want to know if he interned somewhere during his college years?  I hear it's practically a necessity these days.  I know it was beneficial for me 30 years ago.  :blush:

Inquiring minds want to know if he interned somewhere during his college years? I hear it's practically a necessity these days. I know it was beneficial for me 30 years ago. :blush:

He is interning this summer for a Major Name in the computing world.

Almost everyone he knows (and not just in his major) has either an internship in their field or is doing research this summer. Those are the kids who will have the advantage when it comes to employment and grad school! Their majors include computer science, various flavors of engineering, neuroscience, psychology, history, and English (she's interning with a publisher in Manhattan!).

Some internships are very well paid, others pay a decent stipend, and others do not pay at all.

Ds and his friends began looking for and interviewing for internships last fall. He had two offers by March----and he was able to play them off each other for a pay increase from the one he really wanted :eek:

Some kids also did internships between sophomore and junior years. A few held internships during the academic year, but that can get tricky to schedule. My dh hires students (economics and business majors) during the academic year.