Menu

So sad :( watched last episode of lark rise

busymama7

Lark rise to candleford that is. I absolutely loved it. I was hoping I would make it till my baby came but alas i finished it and baby is still a week or two away.

Please suggest something else. I have both amazon and netflix but no tv.

Not downton abbey. Didnt care for dr Martin. Dr who not my thing. Already seen call the midwife twice through. Loved London hospital. But lark rise was my favorite :( squeaky clean. Great characters. Good plot. Sigh. Why couldn't there be more?!?

Lark Rise ... oh, those happy nights with my girls ...

Followed by re-watching P&P (Colin Firth!), Wives and Daughters, Bleak House, all of the Austen films produced.

We still wish Lark Rise had gone longer.  The ending was so abrupt and unnecessary.  It was going along so nicely.  Why???

Is Great Expectations still on netflix? There may be other Dickens as well.

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries was good -- interesting female characters. There's the occasional, um, murder, but I don't recall it was too gruesome (maybe I've blocked it out....). I liked them a lot better than Bletchley Circle. They moved along better, didn't have as many big gaping plot holes, and had more interesting characters.

The Last Detective is also pretty good -- although I recall it had more gruesome murder scenes. And some sex scenes that took "implied" to the extreme limit.

I've recently binge-watched Midsomer Murders--sort of a cross between a police procedural and a cozy. There are 13 seasons, so it should last you a while. I also enjoyed some of the above suggestions--Cranford, The Paradise, Foyle's War. 

Got to put a vote in for "Cranford".   Sweet and fun series.  

"The Pallisers" is a wonderful series, albeit in old-school, poor-sound BBC stage sets.  It dramatizes several Victorian-era Anthony Trollope books.  

I also enjoyed the Mrs. Bradley mystery series with Diana Rigg.  Lively and witty.

Wives and Daughters, Pride & Prejudice.....I love to watch while I sew!

A friend raved over Mr Selfridge but I found it a bit racy, although still decent.  I couldn't get into it, though, after several episodes of trying.  I realize this indicates how completely tame I am, but still.  :) 

I want to try Cranford!  

Lark Rise....I just adored it.  So relaxing and peaceful to watch.  Such sweet characters.