Menu

Faithmanor Car Accident

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Faith...My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

Thank you everyone. Physically, I am feeling a little better today. The internal bleed resolved itself without surgery, but my son had to be given a unit of blood and then spiked a fever. Now he is having his leg ultrsounded but the trauma doc is releasing me to my parents care today. No one, including my paramedic dd and my husband will allow me to remain at the hospital as a non patient so I can be with my son. I am not handling this well, and if anything happens to my boy and I am not there, Dh nd I will not be well. I don't know how I could ever forgive him, and physically I am at their mercy. I can't stay unless they are willing.

Yesterday, I loved every doctor, every nurse, every person who has been taking care of me. Now I am so angry with them that I am heartbroken.

No one seems to care how hard this is 0n my momma heart.

Thank you everyone. Physically, I am feeling a little better today. The internal bleed resolved itself without surgery, but my son had to be given a unit of blood and then spiked a fever. Now he is having his leg ultrsounded but the trauma doc is releasing me to my parents care today. No one, including my paramedic dd and my husband will allow me to remain at the hospital as a non patient so I can be with my son. I am not handling this well, and if anything happens to my boy and I am not there, Dh nd I will not be well. I don't know how I could ever forgive him, and physically I am at their mercy. I can't stay unless they are willing.

Yesterday, I loved every doctor, every nurse, every person who has been taking care of me. Now I am so angry with them that I am heartbroken.

I am so, so sorry to hear of this! I completely understand how you feel. Many tender, gentle hugs for you and your ds. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

(((Hugs)))

I cannot imagine the amount of momma bear frustration at being kept from your injured child. I do not often or lightly say I will pray, but I am offering up prayers right now.

Prayers for you and your son that you will experience healing without complication, for all of your family that you will have peace and patience throughout this time, and for the doctors and nurses that they would have wisdom and skill in all their treatment of and dealings with you and your family.

Oh, no!  I understand this exactly.  (My newborn was life-flighted to a different hospital after an emergency c/s and I had to beg, steal and lie to get get released to go travel to see my baby. It doesn't matter how big they get, that baby is YOUR BABY! :grouphug:

I will be praying for you both.  I hope you recover quickly so you can go sit with your ds soon.  Remember, if anything happens to YOU while he's in the hospital, he's going to deal with some *Stuff* too. Take care of yourself. Make your family skype or call from his hossy room. :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Good update: ...

Bad update ...

Thank you for all the news.  I hope that you and your son will both continue to improve.  I hope to hear of more improvements in the days to come.  Sending positive thoughts your way.

Regards,

Kareni

Glad to hear things look better for your son and I hope he continues to improve.

Sorry to hear that they aren't looking as good for you...  :grouphug:

Livid to hear that your insurance won't let you be tested at the nearby hospital!  That seems so wrong...

And sad to hear about the other driver... I hope she's ok.

Also... the educator in me just has to remind EVERYONE... DON'T TEXT WHILE DRIVING.  The risk is just NOT worth it!!! Ever.

I am so sorry this happened to you, Faith!  It has caused hurt, pain, and trauma for two families.  I pray for speedy and complete recovery for all of you.  Please take care of yourself.  Sounds like you have knowledgeable, caring people around you and I am thankful for that. 

Faith, I'm so sorry you guys were hurt! And, as others have said, while I'm glad you're in good enough shape to go home, I completely understand how frustrating it must be to be separated from your son. 

I've been busily thinking good, healing thoughts for both of you since I read Cat's post earlier. Please take care of yourself.

since this is a MVA wouldn't the other person's car insurance be paying your medical bills not your medical insurance? So could you not then go to the closer hospital since it will be the car insurance paying?

Faith, this sounds reasonable to me.  Since the accident was the other driver's fault, shouldn't you be able to go and/or see whoever you want?  Can you ask someone - the police - a free consultant lawyer - anyone who would know?

I do hope all is going better this morning - for all involved.

I think of you often.

:grouphug:

Faith lives in a no-fault insurance state. Her own auto insurance should pick up medical coverage but whether it's primary or secondary depends on the type of policy she has.

Bummer - but thanks for the info.

Insurance should not be allowed to tell someone they have to travel oodles of miles/time to go to one facility over another - esp in cases like this... (my ideal world I suppose)

Go back to the hospital and get it checked.  Can you recline your chair in the car a bit to relieve some of the pressure from the seat belt touching the area you are hurt?  I can't believe your insurance would make you drive an hour away with injuries like that to be checked.  

I don't really understand how the insurance stuff works in the USA, but since this is a MVA wouldn't the other person's car insurance be paying your medical bills not your medical insurance? So could you not then go to the closer hospital since it will be the car insurance paying?

If I'm not mistaken Faithmanor lives in a no-fault insurance state, meaning your own insurance covers you, not the other persons. :(

Faith, just want to let you know that I am sending up prayers for you, your son, and the other driver's complete recovery.  Take care of yourself now, so that you will be able to take of your son's recovery later. Please keep us posted.

God bless you all,

Jennifer