Menu

Well-Trained Mind Academy: questions?

Susan Wise Bauer

If anyone is monitoring this, I am a bit confused. The website says that reg will open today at noon est, which was about 10 min ago. But it says that current families will get an email later today with info? I thought current families typically get reg time first?

I also tried to log in, but it says my email is not in the system, so I can't login to my account. I know you are moving to a new system. I suppose I am just confused on the timing and since I absolutely need two courses that each only offer one section, I am a little apprehensive :D

Thank you for your interest! 

Registration is now open, and we'll send an email to our current families later today (so we can confirm that a few registrations have been submitted successfully). :)

Since we have a new registration system, each parent will be prompted to create a new username and password during checkout.

We're available to assist, so simply use our help desk form if you have any questions or technical issues.

I did send an email through the info@ address because the new account info that I received wasn't working. I couldn't finish checking out. I also couldn't get back into my cart. When I tried to restock the cart, so to speak, it said that I have a lady selected the class. I sent screen captures of that info with my help desk email, so I am sure it will all get sorted out:-)

Success! I just got in and it looks like everything ended up where it was supposed to be. And if I recall correctly, the invoices will be sent out separately.

I just thought I would post this here in case someone else is wondering:-)

THERE you are!  You need to check in at home, young lady!

Thanks, I just signed up DS.

Interestingly, I had to sign in as a new customer, despite having DS enrolled in a class in the fall and right now. I thought I had simply forgotten my password, but when I added my email address to the "forgot password" screen it said there was no record of that email address. It all worked out once I said I had no account and created one, but I'm not sure why this happened. I only have one email address.

I can send details of the specific address via PM if you want to troubleshoot, but I thought I would post here in case others have problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your question!

Elizabeth Edwards will be teaching the upcoming French and German courses, but more importantly, she will be developing the framework for our entire language program. We are very excited at the opportunity to expand our foreign language offerings, but these additional courses may not be available until the following year.

Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

I am doing some future planning and have a question about your US History course. In general, your history and lit courses are recommended for grades 9-12, but both of your US History courses (AP and standard) have a recommended range of grades 11-12. Would you mind shedding some light on why the standard course is only recommended for grades 11+? And for a student working at an early high school level who is interested in taking your corresponding American lit course (recommended for grades 9+), should she plan on a different provider for US History?

Thank you!

I am doing some future planning and have a question about your US History course. In general, your history and lit courses are recommended for grades 9-12, but both of your US History courses (AP and standard) have a recommended range of grades 11-12. Would you mind shedding some light on why the standard course is only recommended for grades 11+? And for a student working at an early high school level who is interested in taking your corresponding American lit course (recommended for grades 9+), should she plan on a different provider for US History?

Thank you!

Many parents prefer their students take the history courses in chronological order (hence the recommended ages), but all of our high school history courses are appropriate for the 9-12 grade levels. The only exception might be the Advanced U.S. History (better suited for grades 10-12 who are preparing for AP tests).

Will you be offering French II, III and IV/AP, to let students who do your French I continue with the same provider?  If so, when would you start offering more advanced classes?

We do plan to add additional levels of both French and German so students can take the subsequent level each of the following years.