Menu

Nutjobs, narcissists and borderline personalities

Snickerdoodle

Wow, I really cannot read more of this thread.

WTM forum is all about supporting those who have children with various physical and mental disabilities. If I was to swap the words: NPD or BPD for autistic imagine the blow out you would all have!

Um, no.  My ASD child does not go around destroying people like the NPDs in my life.  That'd be like saying you should swap ASD for Hangnail.

WTM forum is all about supporting those who have children with various physical and mental disabilities. If I was to swap the words: NPD or BPD for autistic imagine the blow out you would all have!

first off - please keep in mind - when talking BPD - it is borderline personality disorder NOT bipolar disorder.  two completely different things.  (I'm saying this because a previous thread someone thought bipolar was being referred to by bpd.)   the Borderline Personality Disorder referred to is more closely aligned with narcisstic personality disorder.

I have an aspie - I also had family members who were bpd/npd. and other aspies, and even schizophrenics.  not. even. close. to the kind of destructive treatment of others that the NPD/BPD people do.

in the end - it doesn't matter why someone who hurts other people (ESPECIALLY CHILDREN!) hurts other people, they must have controls/boundaries enacted to keep other people (ESPECIALLY CHILDREN) safe.  

Have any of you ever actually read up why someone who has BPD reacts the way they do?

It is actually the way their brain operates...physiologically there are messed up operations. Certain parts of the brain shutdown while other part fire up more, it is an actual PHYSICAL Problem.

Most parents who have adopted should be VERY aware of 'attachment disorder'...this may surprise many of those on this thread but this disorder generally slides into BPD as they get older, unless they have significant help growing up. This was the case with me: I had severe attachment disorder as a result of adoption. It was not treated and as an adult my personality, the real me is often not there because I have borderline symptoms that take over.

I am so hurt and upset about this thread. The same people who are judging and wagging their fingers in this thread are the same ones who support the mothers elsewhere with children who have disorders like attachment disorder etc....these kids become adult oneday...and it appears that according to public opinion when you become an adult with a disorder you no longer qualify for support or kindness.

Face the facts: if your parents are this way inclined then most likely they have had some MAJOR incident growing up that caused their behaviour to be like this.

My mother is NPD and I found out recently she was raped as a child. All my finger wagging stopped and I started to weep inside thinking of what she has had to endure.

People all around are carrying burdens that are hidden. Those of us that suffer from BPD tendencies HATE who we are because the days when everything falls apart is not the days we are actually ourselves. We become a monster. A monster completely taken over by something that we cannot control.

But feel free to sit in your judging seat. The tone, title and jabs in this thread are despicable and I hope that this thread gets shut down by the moderators. Remember there are REAL people around these forums who suffer from these REAL problems. But thank you for stabbing all of us who suffer from personality disorders in the back. Thank you for calling us "nutjobs."

I think you have completely missed the point here.

You seem to be too busy painting yourself as a victim of the "despicable" posts in this thread to have actually paid attention to what it was about.

I'm very sorry you have problems, but I don't believe anyone has called you a "nutjob." I think you're being overly sensitive here, to the point where you're not reading the intent of the thread clearly.

Again, I'm sorry if you're upset, but if anyone is "sitting in the judging seat" in this thread, it's you.

3 different titles in the thread for three different kind of individuals.   I never said the nutjob was the NPD or the BPD.    In fact, I was very careful not to put details of the people or the situation in the thread.      

I'm very sorry about any kind of abuse that anyone has suffered.  Really.  I truly am. 

However, the cycle of abuse needs to end.