Menu

Emergency fairy dust, prayers, whatever you've got

Just Another Jen

I just got a call that my oldest son has been taken to the hospital in Salt Lake City. He has a high fever, is dehydrated, incoherent speech etc. He has been up in the mountains for over a month at about 9000 ft. They are testing now for meningitis. I'm flying out first thing in the morning. So yeah- stress and worry are what I'm feeling right now. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no. Sending many prayers that he will be okay.

Just going to add that a brother of mine used to live in SLC and had to go to the hospitals there a few times. I am betting the people your son sees are very conscientious and will do everything they can for him. My brother was impressed with the care he got.

Be safe yourself on your way there.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  

There you go, that is all the website will let me give you (and him).  

There's been no change overnight. it's bacterial- they think. His heart rate and fever are still up. I'm on stand by for the 945 flight this morning. If I don't get that one I have a good shot at the noon flight. I did get to talk to him in icu. He was trying to joke about fungus so that's a good sign.