Menu

more dog worries

HollyDay

I posted a few weeks ago that my much loved Golden had passed on.  Early this morning, my other doggie started having health problems.  We went back to the vet today and came home with antibiotics and other prescriptions.  Vet is hopeful it is "just" an infection, but if she is not much better by Monday (or gets worse) we need to go back and look for "unpleasant" things.  I can't go through this again so soon.   

I'm having a really difficult time having to medicate another dog.  My golden started off 2 pills a day, then 3, then 4.  This little one is now getting 2 pills a day.  I'm really hoping it is temporary, just long enough for the antibiotic to work.  But, having to schedule morning and evening pills and getting her to take them, is just a huge reminder of the road we just went down.  I'm surprised by how much all this is upsetting me.  I told the vet today it was very, very difficult to come back there.  The last time we were there was the final goodbye for my golden.  Now to be in the waiting room again just over 3 weeks later.....The staff was very kind and put us in different room and kept talking with us.  They really tried to help......And knowing how I felt, they didn't suggest taking this dog to the back but kept us all together.