Menu

Yummy Summer Sandwich

goldberry

A local cafe serves this sandwich and I finally have all the stuff to make it myself.

Ciabotta roll

Layer with mozzerella or provolone cheese slices, fresh sliced tomatoes, spinach leaves. Repeat so you have two layers of cheese, tomatoes, spinach leaves.

The important part:  top with a sweet balsamic vinegar glaze (I found one at the store.)  The glaze seeps into the bread....and...oh my gosh it is so yummy!

OMG....that sounds delicious!  :drool5:

Our favorite sammy is--

• mix and avocado with ranch dressing--makes a kind of paste 
  • apply on sourdough bread or any hearty bread
  • add sliced turkey, swiss and bacon 
  • close it up and up in frying pan with butter  and cook until nicely toasted... soooo good! 

Here's another sandwich that surprised me with its yumminess the first time I ate one:

2 slabs of a bread you really like (something with some stoutness to it, not Wonder Bread) laid out for open-face broiling/toasting

layer on slices of cheddar or other flavorful cheese you like that melts well (cheese up both slices of bread)

toast these open-face in the broiler or a toaster oven until melty

On top of one gooey slab lay out slices of firm or extra firm tofu (cut the slices and lay them to drip dry on paper towel while you build and toast the bread and cheese slices)

Layer on bread&butter pickles, including the onion if the pickles have some

top with the other gooey slab and gently press together with your hands

Soooo good!