Menu

Calling all blogging moms of many

Hi all! Our school year did NOT go well. It was my first year with four schoolers (10th, 4th, 2nd, and k) and a baby. The kinder was left to his own a lot and not much fun was had by anyone. We're so behind that we're still trying to finish the school year that I had scheduled to end a month ago.

Next year terrifies me! Ha! My high schooler will have his toughest load yet and the kinder will be a 1st grader who needs more time with me. And the baby is now a toddler who is constantly doing toddler things. :)

I'm here, looking for some inspiration, tips, honest struggle etc from moms with tods to teens in blog form.

Anyone?

Thank you!

I'm not the one whose blog you're looking for--I only have one child. But I do regularly read a blog, To Sow A Seed, that is written by a mom with eight kids (7 of whom live with her; the other is in Nepal awaiting the family's arrival) ranging in age from 18 months to 17 years. On her old blog, she talked a good bit about homeschooling, but since she switched blogs, she doesn't talk about the nitty gritty of schooling so much anymore. She blogs at http://www.tosowaseed.net/

I blog and have children from 3 to 17. You can see the age spread and blog in my signature. :001_smile:

I just checked out your blog and oh my word, I am so excited about the Elemental Science and History suggestions you have for kindergarten! I haven't seen those options before, and the sample pages look so GOOD and the curriculum is so INEXPENSIVE! I am in awe and definitely will be checking out your other curriculum suggestions.

Quick question, if you have time and feel that it wouldn't be too derailing to the thread--if my daughter's PreK (ages about-to-turn-4 to just-a-few-months-shy-of-5; already started in an attempt to finish up before a big move next May) science consists of simply reading books (Berenstain Bears Big Book of Science & Nature, plus some other smaller, more topical books), would you recommend doing K with Elemental's Exploring Science or Intro to Science? Or does it just depend on the child's maturity level? If I go with Elemental, I'll want to start biology in 1st, so I'm wondering if it would be problematic to skip from Exploring straight to Bio, or if Intro would work well for a child who hasn't done Exploring. Thanks! Now I'm off to look at your blog some more ...

I just checked out your blog and oh my word, I am so excited about the Elemental Science and History suggestions you have for kindergarten! I haven't seen those options before, and the sample pages look so GOOD and the curriculum is so INEXPENSIVE! I am in awe and definitely will be checking out your other curriculum suggestions.

Quick question, if you have time and feel that it wouldn't be too derailing to the thread--if my daughter's PreK (ages about-to-turn-4 to just-a-few-months-shy-of-5; already started in an attempt to finish up before a big move next May) science consists of simply reading books (Berenstain Bears Big Book of Science & Nature, plus some other smaller, more topical books), would you recommend doing K with Elemental's Exploring Science or Intro to Science? Or does it just depend on the child's maturity level? If I go with Elemental, I'll want to start biology in 1st, so I'm wondering if it would be problematic to skip from Exploring straight to Bio, or if Intro would work well for a child who hasn't done Exploring. Thanks! Now I'm off to look at your blog some more ...

I don't think there would be a problem any place you start; none of the three expect a science background. My personal suggestion is to start with the one that looks the most interesting, then go ahead and start biology in 1st.

Paige, creator of Elemental Science, is at http://elementalblogging.com and can answer any questions you have. :001_smile: