Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlmiraGulch

I hate Dr. Phil.

No idea who that guy is but I vote 'HOT'!

He's the Chief Medical Correspondent for CNN.  That's where most people know him from.

He's also a practicing neurosurgeon in the Atlanta area. 

Disclaimer: I have not watched all of Dr. Oz's shows. However, which products and methods of his are 100% nonsense and how do you know they are? The only episode I saw that was wacky to me was the one about angels, but who knows? All you'd need is one case where his product or method works. I can vouch for his suggestion to try a PEMF device for pain. It did the trick for my back and my husband's knee pain. My guess is that many people in the U.S. would not give it a try because it's unusual, but it has been used elsewhere in the world for decades, almost 100 years. Personally, I like having a lot of options to consider even if they are wacky.

I am lying in bed due to back pain this very moment. I'd like to learn more about how a PEMF helped your pain.

Initially, I used the Almag-01 PEMF device on my back where it hurt for a few hours per day. The first week to ten days or so, I didn't really notice much difference, but not too long after, I started sleeping through the night with little pain. Nowadays I just use it twice a week when I'm watching TV for about 20" which is the length of one cycle. You don't feel much while it's on, just a little warmth after awhile and eventually relaxation. I sometimes use it while reading in bed because it makes me sleepy.

My husband also used it successfully on his bad knee this winter. Took about two weeks or so to feel a difference but he's back to good again.

Unfortunately, the Almag is a bit pricey, about $600, but, IMO, it was worth every penny. A less expensive option would be the Sota Pulser which is about $350-ish. It covers less area, though. Here's the Almag:

http://drpawluk.com/products/almag/

Btw, Dr. Pawluk is someone here in the States who studies and uses PEMF devices for different ailments. He's traveled throughout Europe where they have been used for a longer time than in the U.S. Russia has used them, too.

The history of these devices and how they work is interesting. You can learn more about them at Pawluk's website:

http://drpawluk.com

I hope you find something that helps with your back pain.

A woman wrote a book about purchasing everything Oprah says to buy and doing everything Oprah says to do. It was something about being happy. It was a good read and also eye opening to how many things Oprah said to buy in a year!!

Dr. Laura has phi. from Colombia in phisiology and a phd from  USC? Or another school in California in family counselling.  you might not agree with her opinions but she is an educated nutjob.  I like her, but haven't listened in years. 😊

She has a Ph.D from Columbia in physiology. She has a family therapist licence but she does not have a degree in anything related to that.

I have read Dr. Ozs book YOU on a diet...I think he was co author with another physician, so not totally his work alone. I enjoyed the book. It was very educational on how the body works, etc. I don't care for his show, though. We have to remember he is told to entertain, fill the space with these "trending topics" blah blah blah.

Any who... I'll admit to not being disgusted with him but I am never under any assumption that there is a cure all product out there.

I am lying in bed due to back pain this very moment. I'd like to learn more about how a PEMF helped your pain.

I'm so sorry about your back, Carolyn! I hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

I like to watch Dr. Phil. I talk back to him all the time. It entertains my husband. 

I should have also mentioned that my husband's comments while Dr. Phil is on are very entertaining.

"These people are so crazy they made Dr. Phil pull his hair out!"

At the end of the show, dh always says "Now, don't forget your wife" as he starts walking up the aisle.