Menu

Tiger Woods is right hand, left eye dominant.  As you say, it's actually a strength for some games.

PS.  That's why I call my dd Tiger.  I used to call her Tigger, but instead I like to see her traits as something resulting in strength and success.  Tiger has been astonishingly successful with his mix and diligence, so my dd can be too.  Or at least that's what we tell her.  :)

DS is mixed dominant, and my DD is completely ambidextrous.  I try not to read too much into it because a quick Internet search will reveal terrible things that may or may not be true.

DS is right handed and left eye dominant.  The boy can swing a bat and hit a ball. It's amazing really.  He was the best batter on his team; however, we quit baseball because of overbearing parents (bordering on child abuse) and immature coaches. :(

Interesting. Last year was DS first year of baseball. He was one of the best hitters on the team and that was with no follow through on his swing. He was put on third and short stop because he was one of the few who could gwt the ball to first. But he has zero competitive drive. He just wants to have fun and is pissed that it is his last year of tthe rec league. He has met the crazy and wants no part of it.

The difference with golf and baseball batting, is that involves turning to one side.

Though behind this subject of dominance.

Is that with the brain having 2 sides, they need to establish a master/slave relationship.

So that one side always takes the lead, and the other plays a supporting role.

Which needs to become an automatic reflex.

Where it is separately established in auditory, visual and motor cortexes.

If all of these cortexes are dominant on the same side.

Then they have direct access to each other.

But if one sense is dominant on the other side?  Then it requires an extra connection to the other side, which slows down the process.

Though a further problem, is that from the mid-line, each side is a mirror of each other. 

Such as when we bring our hands together, they move in opposing directions.  

Where the visual and motor cortexes work more fluidly, if they have the same side as master.

But with being ambidextrous?   

Being equally skilled with both sides isn't a problem, and probably an advantage.

It is only a problem, if one side hasn't been established as the master and respond automatically.