Menu

What to use for sore ears during airplane travel?

Garga

When I was a kid I rode on planes a couple of times. When we were landing my ears HURT. Not, Yawn or chew gum and it will get better-hurt. No, this was, My hears are in SERIOUS PAIN and yawning isn't touching it.

My friend's eardrum burst when he traveled on a plane as a kid.

As an adult, my ears may get a little uncomfortable, but it's not pain. Chewing and yawning relieve the pressure easily. There's something about kids' ears and planes that don't go well together.

I've heard there are things you can use to help kids' ears on planes. Anyone have any experience with anything? Anything you can recommend? This is the beginning of my research so don't assume I know anything. The only thing I know is that yawning and gum chewing don't always work for kids so I'd like other options.

I haven't flown in many years, but I also experienced terrible ear pain especially when landing. I had a lot of success with EarPlanes. You can find them at drugstores, Walmart, etc. They come in adult and kid sizes. Basically, it is an ear plug that helps alleviate pressure on your ear drum. I have very sensitive ears when air pressure changes, and recently used a pair driving in the mountains on vacation. They've been helpful for me.