Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

I'm awake at 3am...I have a pinched nerve in my left shoulder/neck... it hurting and making sleep difficult.

Today: 

• Dr. appointment at 9:30
  • new classes start today 
  • tidy the house 
  • cook a yummy dinner
  • take a 1 hour nap today 

Oh Tammy, I'm so sorry about the pinched nerve, they are painful! And Jean, I'm right there with you on the laundry! I usually take the weekend off of laundry duty, but boy do I pay for it come Monday! I haven't wrapped my head around today's to-do list yet. Starting back to my morning walk now since the weather has warmed up and school is over, so after that, I'll be back!

Let's see

- dishes- done

- fold MT. Clean Clothes

- tidy house- done

- transfer $- done

- got CU to get money- done

- get some gas and groceries-done

- return library books-

- summer school/ activities stuff?- done for the day

- get dd1 off bus- done

- dinner- planned- done

- bedtime routine

Ugh! I remember once when "that spot" on my shoulder was acting up again I used a neck brace and it helped tremendously!

For Today:
Finish washing sleeping bags
Supervise Olders science and testing study
Conference call around 3
Check one-way flight prices - yikes!
Check performance schedule for theater camp

Think of anniversary gift to buy or make
Library
Grocery store?
Office supply store?

Go through end of year books, inscriptions
Go over class registration with ds
Make sure ds packs and has materials ready

Lunch - fish fillets, grapes, chips
Dinner - Asian cabbage/broccoli/beef, salad

Tammy that really is awful about the pinched nerve.  I hope you feel a lot better soon!

Good luck with the medical bills, Jean.  If you started a bonfire and they accidentally got tossed in, that means they are gone forever and you never have to deal with them again, right?   :)

Change DD's cooking camp registration week

Register both kids for skate camp

Sort coins with DD

Make drs appt (still feel blah and weird)

Pay bills

Laundry

Clean up office 

Keep searching for Developmental Optometrist

Learn how to change Avatar (s/o of Avatar thread) 

Tammy :grouphug: :grouphug: .  I hope it feels better soon!

7am pills and supplements for both kids

8am pills and supplements for both kids

B12 injection for oldest

Made lunch for dh

fed feathered and furred

chicken water and birdbaths cleaned and filled

Not much today, thank goodness.

Having youngest take CAT tests online.

School with her.

She wants me to sit down with her and explain what each of her pills and supplements do today so that's on my list.

laundry and fresh sheets on beds

catboxes

Ouch Tammy!

Today, hmmmm:

--worry about ds on his first day of his internship (hey, he just texted me! Awwwwwwww :) Ok, maybe dial down to "think about ds")

--await the plumber's arrival this am (sigh, dh says either "repair and travel" or "bathroom remodel" so I pick "travel")

--some laundry as all my workout clothes are dirty

--oh yeah, school with dd

--which means I have to do the next section in math

--exercise later today; will walk 3-4 miles

--decide what we're eating this week, adjusting down to feeding four for the summer

--errands: library (didn't get there Friday), groceries if we need anything, pick up that repaired sandal (also didn't get there)

--and to round out the day, some weeding :lol:

Now to rearrange that into time order...

So ds is a bit disappointed in the summer sublet. It's in a nice area of Baltimore, very tree-lined and quiet but with shopping not far away (he has his bike), in a gorgeous brick rowhouse converted into three apartments. But. The girl he's subletting from didn't move her things to create space for him and in fact left things randomly all over the room (air compressor and paints (she's an art student), textbooks, laundry, buckets, a yoga mat, etc). She didn't even empty her trash. Yuck! Dh and I helped ds clean and rearrange the stuff (stacked things on the desk and bookcases and so on). Dh swept the floor while I wiped down the desk so he could put his computer there. The bathroom is interesting as befits a converted old house but clean, and the kitchen is serviceable.

In contrast, the guy who is subletting ds's space in his university rental is getting an empty and clean room to move into today.

I told ds that this will be his bad housing story that he shares with his kids. Don't we all have one? :D

Out all day......again.

Swim checks for Scout Camp from 10-2pm and it is 45 min. away......so there blows basically 9-3pm (no we don't have to stay that long but my kids don't get much time with friends and most people stay that long to hang out.)  

We get home at 3pm roughly and have to head out the door to scout meeting at 6:30pm.  

One of these day i will actually stay home and work on the house........one day soon!

Good morning all!

Tammy, I hope your shoulder feels better and you get a nap today! Lucky, I totally remember that sinking feeling when you walk into a sublet! Today is the first day of the summer schedule, so the 5:30 am practices are only on Fridays. But, later practices means less free time at home. So I need to get more organized about this list!

To do:

Make coffee/breakfast/pack up stuff to wait during practice. I am trying to avoid spending $$ at Starbucks this summer. So it is sitting under a tree at a park for me!

do school stuff

work in basement (mostly done)

sew a bit before it gets too hot in my study

clean out the shoe basket

PM practices

go to bank

first track practice for ds3

Have a great day, everyone!

Tammy--hope you feel better and you got some rest!

This morning:

coffee and computer time

breakfast

walk with dh

get kids ready for pictures--happening now

quick lunch

go take pictures

dh take ds to swimming while I take dd to play practice 

dinner

tidy house

I need motivation to stay on task today.

My to do list:

Clean Kitchen - Done

Dinner (crockpot) - done

School w/L - done

Laundry - 3 loads done

Fold (been neglecting this) - started

Fold some more

Pick up house - downstairs done

Take photos to send to our new exchange student - downstairs done

Softball Practice

Shaping up to be a hot summer day here.

-laundry - first load, second load, third load

-upstairs bath

-vacuum downstairs

-help dd with math review for Compass test

-find out if we have martial arts class tonight

-email guidance counselor at b/m high school

-send in forms to get paid for writing job

-contact client re: more work

-groom and flea spray pug

VBS:

-pick up more used sheets

-start attaching wire features to giant tree

-remove failed covering from old tree

-start second vine

-finish painting blue tree

-try monster mud on sample area of blue tree

-clean and organize work area

-? martial arts class?

-another driving lesson for dd

Good Morning!   :D   Trying to be positive today!  :D

Went to my doctors appointment and they had changed the time and not called to inform me....rescheduled for the 11th.

Picked up breakfast for the kids and I.

Vacuumed first floor and did a quick tidy.

Signed ds into his new online classes.  I'll spend the morning grading and finishing out 10th grade paper work.

The weather is blissful out right now...windows open and listening to all the songbirds singing...I restocked their food and they are repaying me with beautiful music. 

My neck is sore, but I'll take my muscle relaxer tonight and hope to feel better in the morning.  I doing ice several times today and I'll do heat tonight.  Jean, I have been to a chiropractor but would certainly consider it.  

Have a nice day everyone!!

Morning all!  Today is a pretty laid back day for me, especially since my ds clean the upstairs hallway without me asking him too!  Now it just needs to be vacuumed.  We have a carnival to go to at 5 with my mil and sil so until then I'll be trying to get the upstairs cleaned and do some planning for next year.

-Clean my room

-clean hallway

-clean computer room

-help kid's clean their room

-vacuum entire upstairs

-pick up a back carrier from a friend before carnival (I really hate strollers)

-drop off mail to  pet sitting client and pick up payment

-carnival!!!

-play pathfinder with dh

Grrr! The friend of dd I had made arrangements with to take the pictures today has canceled. I called her just to make sure we were still on and nothing had changed it (her parents leave for China this week), and she acted like she didn't realize it was actually for today. She said she would talk to her mom and see if it was a possibility. She took almost an hour to call me back to say that she can't do it today.  I just told her I would get someone else.

I don't get it. I called her last week and specifically asked her to check with her parents to make sure she could do it. I specifically called her at the beginning of the weekend to discuss which day because Monday's weather was best, and she even said 1:00 would be fine. 

Adult kids!

So as I'm cleaning the computer room I open up the game closet to put some games away and see that it is completely organized and straightened up!?!?!  I know I didn't do it (it was on my list of things to do this week.)  DS comes in and sees the odd expression on my face and says, "oh mom I see you like the job I did on the game closet."  This is my 5 year old who also cleaned the hallway and downstairs without me asking.  I'm blown away by the awesomeness of this child today! To show my appreciation I stopped cleaning and played board games with him to an hour.

So as I'm cleaning the computer room I open up the game closet to put some games away and see that it is completely organized and straightened up!?!?!  I know I didn't do it (it was on my list of things to do this week.)  DS comes in and sees the odd expression on my face and says, "oh mom I see you like the job I did on the game closet."  This is my 5 year old who also cleaned the hallway and downstairs without me asking.  I'm blown away by the awesomeness of this child today! To show my appreciation I stopped cleaning and played board games with him to an hour.

Quadruple LIKE!  (I don't suppose you'd rent him out to be a good influence on my kids?)

Grrr! The friend of dd I had made arrangements with to take the pictures today has canceled. I called her just to make sure we were still on and nothing had changed it (her parents leave for China this week), and she acted like she didn't realize it was actually for today. She said she would talk to her mom and see if it was a possibility. She took almost an hour to call me back to say that she can't do it today.  I just told her I would get someone else.

I don't get it. I called her last week and specifically asked her to check with her parents to make sure she could do it. I specifically called her at the beginning of the weekend to discuss which day because Monday's weather was best, and she even said 1:00 would be fine. 

Adult kids!

Sort of an oxymoron, isn't it? I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Hopefully, you will find someone else who is really good at their craft AND responsible!

Done already:

Prep pot roast for crock pot

Make lunches

Go to zoo with friends

Buy bowling shoes for DS

Buy Father's Day present for DH

Make rice and gravy for pot roast

Still to do:

Wash diapers

Return dwarf gardenia that DH bought yesterday (not done; they close at 6 apparently)

DH wants to eventually have a hedge of gardenias between our yard and the next door neighbor. He was at a nursery yesterday and without even checking the tag, bought one because it smelled so heavenly. It was the kind that only grow to a foot tall and he want 4-6' so it needs to go back.

Also, today was the first time nursing this baby in public. I was so nervous because she's still not great at it, though she's improved a lot. But, we did it!

Late posting today...an early start this morning.

Done:

Ds to 5 am swim practice, summer school

kitchen counters and baseboards

vacuumed downstairs

grocery shopping

fabric store for pattern/fabric for dd's skirt

To do:

pay bills

dinner

readling and math with dd

summer reading

ongoing mountain of laundry 

I thought dd had play practice, but thankfully, I looked at the schedule and she didn't. It is a 30 minute drive there. Since we didn't have pictures, I did some errands, read some, and then took a short nap. Ds is gone to swimming with our neighbor, dd has gone for a walk, and I'm cooking dinner.

I am awesome as a possum (and no, not literally!).  I weedwhacked for 7 minutes.  I know, I know.  But I am now really tired and in pain but I did it even though I knew that would be the result.  But  now I have a path to the shed. :lol:

We had family Bible study.

I did lit. with dd.

I made some business phone calls.

We had lunch and Psych.

I also tried to take some measurements of our yard with dd but until I do some more weedwhacking I won't be able to walk our entire fence line.  

Now - I am going to take dd to Payless for shoes.  Well, flip-flops.  I swear this kid wants to be Heels when she grows up. . . .

Well, I finally made it back here. I guess I'll just post what I managed to get done:).

Took my 30 minute prayer walk

Made breakfast

mopped kitchen and foyer floors

took shower

did two loads of laundry

Paid bills and updated check book

made lunch

spent over 3 hours working on boys portfolios; almost done!

made dinner: Tuscan Lemon Chicken (dh grilled), brown rice and baby carrots in brown sugar and butter (boys love them!)

Dh took boys to tennis court; I'm sitting on deck relaxing:)

:( No exercise for me. I ran out of daylight. I can't decide if I should attempt a walk tomorrow morning before going early to pick strawberries, or if I should walk in the late afternoon. Decisions, decisions.

hjffkj, the berries are ripe at Walnut Springs over the border---fun for the kiddos :D