Menu

Please give feedback on 3rd grade LA

How does this sound, for my 8 year old, very advanced and voracious reader, but who has some issues with spelling and perhaps has some phonics gaps because she learned to read/taught herself to read so young:

MCP Phonics C

Spelling Workout or Sequential Spelling

CAP Fables

FLL 3

Handwriting TBD

Lots of reading--that's not a concern of mine and I have it covered.

Which would you choose--SWO or Sequential Spelling? I understand that the Phonics goes along with SWO. I've looked at SWR, LOE Essentials, and have used AAS and I really want something that doesn't take so much of my time. She reads so well and so easily that I'd like her to have a review of phonics rules/ learn spelling rules without all the parts and pieces of LOE/AAS and me having to figure out SWR. I also have a Ker.

We just finished our 3rd grade year and while I haven't used some of the things you are interested in, we did use Sequential Spelling and CAP Fables. We combined that with MCT island level with a little Montessori grammar too.  We used HWoT and lots and lots of reading (my daughter is an advanced reader too). She does have spelling issues, but she has really improved this year with Sequential Spelling and it is easy. We also made a lot of progress using CAP Fables. They are both great products. 

I'd go with what you said.

You might look at Adventures in Phonics C instead of MCPlaid C. It was great for my early reader in 2nd grade (the lines are small, though). It is quite thorough and has great syllabication exercises.

ETA: I had forgotten this is Christian in content--if that doesn't bother you, it's really good. Click on the googlepreview on the link to see inside.

I'd go with what you said.

You might look at Adventures in Phonics C instead of MCPlaid C. It was great for my early reader in 2nd grade (the lines are small, though). It is quite thorough and has great syllabication exercises.

ETA: I had forgotten this is Christian in content--if that doesn't bother you, it's really good. Click on the googlepreview on the link to see inside.

Thanks! I've not heard of it.  Christian is fine with me.  However, does it only go through 2nd grade?