Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 6/1 - 6/7

Snickerdoodle

I did yoga.  my bp is down to 104/70.  the lowest in years.

Awesome!  I wanted to like this, but I'm out of likes again. 

I did 33 minutes of bellydance.  Meh.  I don't really like the new DVD.  I've done bellydance for ~6 years and this video had poor instruction and just went too fast.  

About to do 4 Miles of Leslie. 

So, sorry I've been gone for a week.  My period just takes it out of me. It didn't used to. I used to be one of those women who hardly noticed it. But, now I am in my late 40s I am just exhausted for a day or two before and then right up to the end. It's become a whole 'thing' now, and I hate things.

:grouphug:  This is me to a "t" lately also. I'm 46 and also barely notice my period until recently. It drains me every month, not so much the actual period, but the horrible feeling a few days before. I also hate things and this has most definitely become a thing  :glare:. 

my knee does not like doing grand plies, so I have to adjust the angle.

Me neither. I also refuse to do releves or whatever they're called, when one stands on one's calves if you know what I mean. My calves are bulky enough as it is. I don't need to develop them any further. 

I cannot stand people bugging me when I exercise. I just yell at them. They figure it out eventually and go away. Now I only get bothered when there is a true need. They have me the rest of the day, they can live without me for an hour.

:iagree:

I hate to exercise with others.  I don't want to talk and I hate feeling like I need to slow down or speed up or give them attention.

Me too. Hate exercising with others. I spend enough time around others as it is. 

I did yoga.  my bp is down to 104/70.  the lowest in years.

:hurray:  - I need to do yoga more regularly. My blood pressure is a bit high. 

This makes me laugh. 

:lol:

Woke up to sore hamstrings from the fb yesterday:)

Summer work schedules are really throwing my a.m. gym schedule.  So for you ladies that do workout videos at home in the a.m.- do you treat them like weight lifting and pick ones each day that rotate target body areas?  Or do you take days off?

Back from a great run.  I loaded new tunes on my iPod. I'm such a trained animal that a faster beat equals a faster run. :huh: To make that not count I am eating chocolate zuchinni bread and calling it breakfast right now.

I was doing really well with my yoga and then soccer and softball got going and now all I do is attend games and drive to practices.  Two or three more weeks and that will slow down and hopefully I will get back on schedule.  

So, sorry I've been gone for a week.  My period just takes it out of me. It didn't used to. I used to be one of those women who hardly noticed it. But, now I am in my late 40s I am just exhausted for a day or two before and then right up to the end. It's become a whole 'thing' now, and I hate things.

I love everything about being 47 except this.  Being on iron supplements has really helped with my period-induced exhaustion.  

I did 60 mins on my nordic track. I was dripping when I finished. Yay me, cause I really Did Not Want To, but I did.

Yea! There was a quote on FB that said "You never regret a workout you did, only the workout you didn't do"

Summer work schedules are really throwing my a.m. gym schedule.  So for you ladies that do workout videos at home in the a.m.- do you treat them like weight lifting and pick ones each day that rotate target body areas?  Or do you take days off?

Mostly, I follow the FB fitness schedules I purchase. When I do my own thing I keep track (loosely) of the muscle groups I work to give them a day or two of rest. If a muscle group feels sore then that for sure means I need to allow those muscles recovery time.

For me the challenge is doing more low impact days and taking days off. I have a hard time with that as you all know from my bickering, whining, and complaining when I hurt my knee. It's still not quite 100% so I'm still forcing myself to ease up. But I'm being good.

This morning I started my 8 week FB schedule over. I was half way through when I injured my knee. I'm so happy happy happy to be able to start it back up. This morning was quick cardio (I eased up and jumped softly and very short distances) then 2 upper body

And as is my new set routine since getting my dog, our morning 30 min walk

Woke up to sore hamstrings from the fb yesterday:)

I wish I could follow a regular schedule. I really do. I long to be one of those people who can say she 'did' Tracy Anderson Meta or the Ballet Body schedule all the way through. I try, but I always flake out. So, I tend to alternate between cardio and a full body workout. I mostly like barre, but I will do something else if my dh wants to workout together. He likes do do P90x, but he will do barre with me. He's one of those runner types that doesn't like weight work, but he finds barre work useful. It makes for very strong legs and core. 

I don't target body areas in a single workout because every time I try I start to be convinced I will never get to an upper body workout or whatever.  And my goal is to workout every day. I never seem to be able to achieve that goal, so that is how I get my days off, lol. If I set a goal of 4 or 5 days I never seem to meet that either, but if my goal is "I try to find time every single day" I work out more often.

Summer will also play havoc with my schedule as well. I am sort of dreading it. I will get 2 two week session of no kids from 1-3. It is not quite enough time to get kid to camp, drive home, exercise, go back to pick up kid. I am still trying to figure out how to make it work. Maybe if I change clothes before I take him...and drive quickly....? Or wait until he is home and then exercise...? I guess I'll figure it out.

I always look forward to the summer because I think I'll have all this time to exercise, but it never quite works out that way.

I love everything about being 47 except this.  Being on iron supplements has really helped with my period-induced exhaustion.  

I have been taking pre-natal vitamins for years for the extra iron and they did make a difference.

2 hour cleaning job tonight, but there were Krispy Kremes there. I had to eat one, so it probably negated the effort!

That's motivation!

I target my core a lot-it's one of my weakest spots.  Otherwise, I'm pretty loosey goosey.  I just pick whichever exercise sounds best at that moment.  I wouldn't mind something more lined out, but I just don't have something planned out now.

About to do 5 Miles of Leslie. 

Tip for improving balance, a concern as we get older:
Pilates is a great method of improving balance as it focuses on strengthening you at your core.

I tend to often neglect doing Pilates. It seems like many do. On the Video Fitness forums, someone once called it "the red-headed step-child of all workouts"  :lol:. I just need to remind myself to do it more often. It's hard to find the time to do all the workouts we "should" be doing. As Mom-Ninja once said (paraphrasing here - and I think it was Mom-Ninja), they all tell us that we should be doing their workouts/type of workouts 3-5 times a week. It's hard to fit it all in. 

Perusing Althleta, Title9 and similar is fun.

Perusing can be dangerous:)

1 1/2 hour open mat this morning, my 6 yo broke his first board- he told me it was the best day of his whole life.  

2.42 mile run by my lonesome followed by a 2 mile walk with dh.