Menu

Does anyone have the PERSONAL VITAMIX from Williams Sonoma?

1GirlTwinBoys

No I don't.  But W&S overcharge for stuff...so shop around.

It's a Williams Sonoma exclusive.

A lady that runs a vitamix group and sells them does not recommend it - I think mainly do to the price. For not much more, you could get the full size/performance vitamix. 

I was wanting it for it's small portable size.  Easy on the go smoothie.  I have a full size Blendtec currently and never make more than a personal drink.

I was wanting it for it's small portable size. Easy on the go smoothie. I have a full size Blendtec currently and never make more than a personal drink.

I know! I was so excited when they showed previews for it. I was hoping they would sell a container for the regular vitamix.

If you could sell your Blendtec and the small Vitamix meets your needs, then maybe you don't have anything to lose.

I'm not familiar with Blendtec or Vitamix but we recently got aNutribullet900 and love it so far. It blends kale and broccoli smooth. Even my vegetable hating ds will drink his veggies--with lots of fruit, but still better than nothing. We got ours at Bed bath & beyond.

My only problem with the personal-sized container is that if you don't wash it out right away, it may take on the odors of the smoothies you make in it. If you only make one flavor, that might not be a problem, but if you like variety... :ack2:

I think the Personal Vitamix sounds better in theory than it probably is in reality.

I would keep the Blendtec and just buy some nice Smoothie containers. The Blendtec is so easy to clean, anyway -- I just put warm soapy water in mine, pulse it a few times, and then rinse it out. :)

I have the full size Vitamix, but was looking at the Ninja with a personal container....

(in addition to, not instead of)

The only thing I don't like about the Ninja is that the blades are incredibly sharp. I don't know how sharp the Vitamix blades are, but the Blendtec has blunt blades, so if I need to reach into the container, I don't have to worry about getting cut.

I reached into the Ninja once.

ONCE.

And I learned a valuable lesson -- complete with a certain amount of blood loss -- about how you should never stick your hand into a Ninja container. :eek:

It also proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that sometimes I am dumber than a box of rocks.

If you want a "personal" mini blender, save the money and buy a magic bullet.  I own a Vitamix...but then, I do large quantities (I did just buy the smaller container, for my dh's mixed drinks...just because).  We had a magic bullet before that, and it worked very well.  I just need a full-size blender with a family of 7.  Making 7 individual smoothies was a royal pain ;)