Menu

Math Facts Practice...Apps... LD

Dd struggles with rote memorization. She's 9 (4th grade) and can't memorize the months of the year, our address or phone number. Math facts are also hard for her but she's testing behind simply because she can't do them quickly enough. I'm looking for apps that would help her speed up her math fact recall. Ideas?

My daughter has similar struggles. After testing, I think we've determined that she'll never be fast (she has slow processing speed). In any case, I really like the app QuickMath by Shiny Things for the iPad/iPhone (maybe Android too, don't know). It's very straight forward. The fun is that you use your finger to write the answer on the screen. She's improved a lot with just a few minutes practice a day. 

My daughter has similar struggles. After testing, I think we've determined that she'll never be fast (she has slow processing speed). In any case, I really like the app QuickMath by Shiny Things for the iPad/iPhone (maybe Android too, don't know). It's very straight forward. The fun is that you use your finger to write the answer on the screen. She's improved a lot with just a few minutes practice a day.

Great! Thank you.