Menu

HEAV anyone going?

ZooRho

I'm not here as much and don't regularly participate but read stuff.
But I am curious about anyone going to HEAV next week.

SO anyone going to be there?   

for the first time I'll only be there on Thurs.  I work the security and information booth.  In the afternoon.   They have new coordinators this year so I'll be breaking in for a time at least the 3rd set of coordinators.   

My youngest is graduating on Saturday at our own little shindig.

No. I go every few years, but it's become so huge that I just don't enjoy it anymore.

It really has grown over the years, so  yes that makes it a bit harder to  see/do things.  But It is incredible to think about that many people hsing.

I'll be there!  

I was actually looking yesterday to see if anyone had posted a thread about it yet lol. :)

It's my 4th year.  The first year a friend and I went for 1 day, the second year we added a couple more friends and went 2 days, last year the four of us went all 3 days, and this year we've got 3 of the same people + 2 more going for all 3 days.  

I love that it's huge.  I'm an extrovert and I just love big events, they all feel like big parties to me.  Is that weird?  Lol!  (obviously I also love the UCS - selling a few things for the first time this year! - and the vendor hall and I think the workshops look a little better this year than last, though I feel like they had more sessions last year - same number of workshops, maybe, but spread out over more time, so I could attend more if I so chose?  Maybe not, though, that could just be in my head...)

I'll be working the preregistration tables 4:30-6:30 on Thursday.  I volunteered to help in one of the workshops, too, just not sure which one yet.

Idk, I guess because of my personality I just love the whole feel of it.  The atmosphere, all the people.  I just love it.  

Plus it's 3 days away with friends and no kids (they may go someday, but for the next couple of years, at least, they'll still stay home with DH).  :D  So there's that.

I'll be there!  

I was actually looking yesterday to see if anyone had posted a thread about it yet lol. :)

It's my 4th year.  The first year a friend and I went for 1 day, the second year we added a couple more friends and went 2 days, last year the four of us went all 3 days, and this year we've got 3 of the same people + 2 more going for all 3 days.  

I love that it's huge.  I'm an extrovert and I just love big events, they all feel like big parties to me.  Is that weird?  Lol!  (obviously I also love the UCS - selling a few things for the first time this year! - and the vendor hall and I think the workshops look a little better this year than last, though I feel like they had more sessions last year - same number of workshops, maybe, but spread out over more time, so I could attend more if I so chose?  Maybe not, though, that could just be in my head...)

I'll be working the preregistration tables 4:30-6:30 on Thursday.  I volunteered to help in one of the workshops, too, just not sure which one yet.

Idk, I guess because of my personality I just love the whole feel of it.  The atmosphere, all the people.  I just love it.  

Plus it's 3 days away with friends and no kids (they may go someday, but for the next couple of years, at least, they'll still stay home with DH).   :D  So there's that.

you are funny.  Guess we won't really see each other Maybe wave across the way.

I'm going! I went 2 years ago just for Thursday as a mom of preschoolers. I'm really excited, a friend and I are going in together on a hotel room and the kids are at my in laws so it's going to be a nice little break. 

stop by and say hi!

Ok so I'll actually be helping to host 3 different workshops lol - all three sessions on Friday.   :p  I guess I'll be busy!!   :D

ETA: 

These are the workshops I'll be helping out in, if anyone is interested or wants to say HI!

Session 1: Fine Arts the Charlotte Mason Way

Session 2: I think I"ll Quit Homeschooling

Session 3: A Grand World View

Just FYI.  ;)

Ok so I'll actually be helping to host 3 different workshops lol - all three sessions on Friday.   :p  I guess I'll be busy!!   :D

ETA: 

These are the workshops I'll be helping out in, if anyone is interested or wants to say HI!

Session 1: Fine Arts the Charlotte Mason Way

Session 2: I think I"ll Quit Homeschooling

Session 3: A Grand World View

Just FYI.   ;)

I've never been a host, I think that would be stressful to me, glad others like doing it.

I've never been a host, I think that would be stressful to me, glad others like doing it

I've never done it before, either.  :)  So we shall see!

I think it sounds fun - I had considered it back when I signed up for my original volunteer slot at registration.  Then I saw on FB where they needed more volunteers, so I just went for that.  Figured it would be easy.  :) 

I've never done it before, either.   :)  So we shall see!

I think it sounds fun - I had considered it back when I signed up for my original volunteer slot at registration.  Then I saw on FB where they needed more volunteers, so I just went for that.  Figured it would be easy.   :)

It probably is, 

and I know others would be intimidated by my spot, I have never been there when there were really bad things going on but last year, since all of this stuff gets handled at this booth, they had like 2 lost children,  a medical emergency if not 2 and I think that all went on in the same couple of hours, everyone was found and the emergency people were okay.  

my first year, I had to watch the graduation door in the Marriott, I created a Fire hazard by not letting people in and a crowd formed. The fire dept came in and talked to me, I was shaking in my boots.

Are you in VA?  This is a great convention.  They have  fb page where they are talking about it more too, if you need more info. THIS WEEKEND

2014 Virginia Homeschool Convention –

“Home Education: Hope and A Futureâ€

June 5-7, 2014

Greater Richmond Convention Center

This year promises to be another awesome, bring-the-whole-family event–you won’t want to miss it! Details on this year’s speakers and exhibitors–along with lots of exciting new features–will be coming soon. View the video below to see this year’s highlights, and check back often

http://heav.org/convention/31st-annual-homeschool-convention/