Menu

Today's Useless Poll: How do you like your eggs?

AlmiraGulch

Eggs  

178 members have voted

1. 1. My favorite way to eat eggs is......

• Scrambled or in an omelette
    • Deviled or hard boiled
    • Poached
    • Baked
    • Over easy
    • Fried, more cooked than over-easy
    • Other

I want to know your favorite way, if you like eggs.

Eggs are interesting to me (ok, "interesting" may be a bit of a strong word....) because I can love them or hate them, depending on the preparation.

This morning I had eggs fried over medium-well (where the yolk is just starting to gel, so not too running but not cooked hard, either) cooked in butter, and served on buttered white toast.  Yes, butter, and yes, white (of the devil!) toast.  It was heavenly.  

I also like them deviled, if done properly.  Scrambled?  Gag.  Omelette?  No, thanks.  Yuck.

How do you like yours? 

I had to combine some similar choices in the answers because it only allows 8.  Sorry in advance for those of you whose sensibilities I'm sure that will offend.   :lol:

I eat scrambled eggs almost every morning for breakfast, because that's the quick and easy way to prep them to get all their nutritional goodness without adding a bunch of other stuff (though I do add spices and cheese ...)

But your poll was about our *favorite* way ... so I voted for deviled eggs. YUM! I could eat those for every meal for a week without getting tired of them ... I just know that nutritionally, they're better without the mayo, but I don't care as much for plain hard boiled eggs because the yolk gets too crumbly/powedery for me.

I want to know your favorite way, if you like eggs.

Eggs are interesting to me (ok, "interesting" may be a bit of a strong word....) because I can love them or hate them, depending on the preparation.

This morning I had eggs fried over medium-well (where the yolk is just starting to gel, so not too running but not cooked hard, either) cooked in butter, and served on buttered white toast.  Yes, butter, and yes, white (of the devil!) toast.  It was heavenly.  

I also like them deviled, if done properly.  Scrambled?  Gag.  Omelette?  No, thanks.  Yuck.

How do you like yours? 

I had to combine some similar choices in the answers because it only allows 8.  Sorry in advance for those of you whose sensibilities I'm sure that will offend.   :lol:

I am the same as you, yet opposite. I can only eat scrambled, omelette or deviled. All other eggs make me gag. LOL

I like eggs in just about any form you can make them except deviled and hard boiled. My favorite egg dish to eat is Eggs Benedict so I voted poached in your poll, but I love them all: scrambled, fried, over easy, quiche, omelets. Yum! Now I'm starving!

I didn't like eggs at all until about 12 years ago. I just decided one morning I should learn to because they're so good for you. Started with over hard and thats how I still mainly eat them. My latest is melting cheddar on top and spreading creamy horseradish over that. I also like deviled eggs, frittata and omelettes. I don't like anything runny or scrambled.

Oh, and as French toast, too of course.  :)

I have a weird thing (or three) about eggs that I can't really explain.  I like scrambled but not omelets (omelets are just scrambled eggs that have been overcooked in my opinion).  I love deviled eggs, and I like hard-boiled if they're in something (salad, sandwich, etc.).  I don't like any other preparation, though.  And runny eggs?  EWWW!!!!!

I voted fried, because I eat a fried egg, barely runny yolk, each morning for breakfast. But I like eggs. I like them deviled, scrambled, poached, in omelettes, in quiche, hardboiled....

We have a dozen chickens to keep us in yummy fresh eggs.

I cannot ABIDE runny egg white, though.

Cat

I like them most ways though I'm not keen on omelettes or deviled. For boiled I'm very particular, 6 minutes in the pot from start to finish for a large egg. Then sliced lengthwise and eaten warm, drizzled with syrupy balsamic vinegar, some fresh black pepper and salt, occasionally HdeP. I like my scrambled piled up on heavily buttered toast with a side of kraut. Fried generally need the accompaniment of bacon. Poached are my favorite.

I totally burned out on eggs when paleo.  And once one of my daughters made me scrambled eggs when I was nauseous and sick with mastitis.  They were underdone.  It kind of traumatized me about scrambled eggs.  So deviled or hard boiled is about the only way I eat them now. 

I didn't eat eggs for years and just started a few years ago.  The exception has always been hard boiled, wherein I would (and still do) eat the white and not the yoke.  I also don't eat mayonnaise or any creamy dressings (taste preference, not health), so deviled eggs are a major no-go here - yolks + mayonnaise = ew!

I still prefer eggs with something - in a casserole, with cheese/vegetable/protein/potato.  By themselves they still ick me out a little.  I voted scrambled or omelette.  I make a scrambled version of an omelette (this is because my omelette always sticks/I'm inattentive at 6 am) several days a week with whatever leftover veggies are on hand and a sprinkle of cheese.  On decadent days, I fold this into a whole wheat tortilla for a nice breakfast wrap.  

My DH will not touch eggs, but fortunately my son loves them and will eat a plain scrambled egg pretty much any time I make one for him.  I love a nice, easy protein + fat for little bodies.

Fried in bacon grease. Why is that not an option? How can Bacon not be included in a conversation about eggs? Come on now are you trying to cause a stir?

Bacon!

Bacon!

Bacon!

+eleventy billion.

I also fry my eggs in chicken fat from roasting leg quarters, though. It's also delicious.

I eat scrambled eggs almost every morning for breakfast, because that's the quick and easy way to prep them to get all their nutritional goodness without adding a bunch of other stuff (though I do add spices and cheese ...)

But your poll was about our *favorite* way ... so I voted for deviled eggs. YUM! I could eat those for every meal for a week without getting tired of them ... I just know that nutritionally, they're better without the mayo, but I don't care as much for plain hard boiled eggs because the yolk gets too crumbly/powedery for me.

Try using avocado in place of the mayo, if it's a concern for you.  Instant healthiness, instant deliciousness.

I totally burned out on eggs when paleo.  And once one of my daughters made me scrambled eggs when I was nauseous and sick with mastitis.  They were underdone.  It kind of traumatized me about scrambled eggs.  So deviled or hard boiled is about the only way I eat them now. 

I got the same way, for the same reason, for a while.  And undercooked eggs are one of life's more horrible things, as are overcooked eggs. 

Does as an ingredient in baked goods count?

Other than that, just no! Ugh, I can't even stand the smell of eggs in say, French Toast. And the texture! What is up with that, lol.

I read through this list because I always feel like I must be missing something when it comes to eggs. At least I know I am not the only person for whom the texture is an issue!

ETA: Baseball mom, I like the way you think!

Fried in bacon grease. Why is that not an option? How can Bacon not be included in a conversation about eggs? Come on now are you trying to cause a stir?

Bacon!

Bacon!

Bacon!

Because this post is about eggs!  

We could start a bacon thread, though.  How do you like your bacon?  I like mine firm, but not crisp, preferably oven baked, and thick cut.  Mmmm......bacon.  

Strangely, I don't like my eggs fried in bacon grease.  

Because this post is about eggs!  

We could start a bacon thread, though.  How do you like your bacon?  I like mine firm, but not crisp, preferably oven baked, and thick cut.  Mmmm......bacon.  

Strangely, I don't like my eggs fried in bacon grease.  

Oven baked? That is a bit unusual. Maybe it has to do with living in different parts of the country. How do fry your eggs if you cook the bacon in the oven?  Yes to the firm but not crispy. 

Oven baked? That is a bit unusual. Maybe it has to do with living in different parts of the country. How do fry your eggs if you cook the bacon in the oven?  Yes to the firm but not crispy. 

I discovered oven baked bacon relatively recently.  Like a few years ago or something.

It stays perfectly straight, cooks evenly, and you have no spatter to deal with.  I do mine on a broiler pan so I still get to collect the bacon grease if I want it.  You should try it.  Makes perfect bacon, every time.  Here's what you do:

Put your bacon on a rack, or a lined cookie sheet, in the oven.  

Put the rack/sheet with bacon on it in the oven.  Do not pre-heat.

Turn the oven on to 400.  Walk away.  Come back about 17 or 18 minutes later and you have perfect bacon.  No kidding.

Now stop hijacking my yummy egg thread!

ETA:  Remember, I'm from where you live, so I always fried it, too, and then fried my eggs in the bacon grease.  

I have never tried chicken fat. I usually take the chicken fat and whisk in flour to make gravy or cream soup. :)

I have enough chicken fat to make enough gravy to take a bath -- frequent sales on chicken will do that :D

I discovered oven baked bacon relatively recently.  Like a few years ago or something.

It stays perfectly straight, cooks evenly, and you have no spatter to deal with.  I do mine on a broiler pan so I still get to collect the bacon grease if I want it.  You should try it.  Makes perfect bacon, every time.  Here's what you do:

Turn the oven on to 400.  Walk away.  Come back about 17 or 18 minutes later and you have perfect bacon.  No kidding.

ETA:  Remember, I'm from where you live, so I always fried it, too, and then fried my eggs in the bacon grease.  

Due to the slower cooking there is so much bacon grease left for egg cooking.

I hate eggs (that was not an option).

I can eat them if they are a medium for other food, like an omelette or a quiche, or hidden like in fried rice.  I just pretend they're not really eggs.  (Eggs completely lost in things like cake are obviously not a problem...)  I will tolerate scrambled eggs, as at least the white and yolk are mixed (this appears to be part of my issue), but only, say, if I were at someone's house and that's all they served and I had to be polite.  I guess I could have chosen the 'omelette or scrambled egg' option, but "favorite" is much to strong a word, and to me there's a chasm between an omelette (full of cheese and other things that mask the eggy flavor) and scrambled eggs (barely tolerable and should at least be mixed with something else to mask flavor...)

All the other kinds ... :ack2:   And don't even get my started on runny yolks... :ack2: :ack2: :ack2:

I have enough chicken fat to make enough gravy to take a bath -- frequent sales on chicken will do that :D

Wonderful! I take the gravy and use it as the base for all soups and make pot pies and if there is too much the dog gets a bit over her food. The cat enjoys it as well. I refuse to feed it to the chickens. 

I like them most ways.  I don't particularly care for really runny yolks, but when poached nicely and as part of a dish, it works for me, too.

My perfect, favourite egg is fried, but with no browned bits and until the yolk is medium well.

I am making it official with a poll.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/516855-so-bacon-or-eggs-poll/

You have forgotten your Bacon roots. How sad. 

I like them most ways.  I don't particularly care for really runny yolks, but when poached nicely and as part of a dish, it works for me, too.

My perfect, favourite egg is fried, but with no browned bits and until the yolk is medium well.

Me, too!  This exactly.

I don't dislike scrambled eggs, but I seem to have more issues with them prepared that way (more likelihood someone added milk). I am still confused between sunny side up vs. eggs over easy (I see lots of people disagree on the definitions). I like the yolks runny. Ha I typed funny at first. I enjoy them on buttered toast. Mmm. I also like deviled eggs.

I've always thought they were the same thing.  Both super runny, both gross.  hahaha