Menu

Summer Goals and 90 Day Plans

Rotfl! This us not what I "saw". I couldn't figure out why you had to pay fortoilet paper in a dispenser. Why would they sell it that way. Why you would but it that way and why would "rich people" wait in line for the dispenser when they could just go buy a packet.

I was lost on so many levels (please ignore my ramblings, its been one of those days). Fwiw, we don't have self check out machines here... I forget they exist :-)

The rich people are trying to use the self check out for their expensive prepared dinners and pints of premium ice cream, and all the meds they need to tolerate their lives. They might have TP, too, but often it's food and meds. And let me tell you they are NOT pleased with ME, especially when the machine clogs.

But it's stuff like this that facilitates my ability to book hoard. If people are going to deliver my TP, just not to have to watch me do stuff like this, why would I stop?

I just steal my napkins. I never walk by an unguarded napkin dispenser without taking a few. I'm known for my tower of mismatched napkins on my kitchen table. I know i shouldn't do that, but…I can't help myself. Every time a friend stops for a cup of coffee or ANYTHING, I say, "Oh, let me get you some napkins!" and quickly grab a handful, and then put them in my bag after we walk out. Sometimes I let them have ONE, but other times I tell them to just wipe their hands on their shirt, while they laugh at me.

I think your version is funnier than the truth. :) I get a picture of something from a science fiction novel or movie. What fun!

I had a plan worked out for summer, but we haven't finished our curriculum.  So the new plan is to finish MM6&2, AG & FLL2, WWE2 & WWS1, our study of ancient Egypt, and our unit on cells and DNA.  Oh and to read a couple of good books.  We aren't doing 90 days, though.  We're taking August off. 

For me:

- Big trip to Ikea to finish furninshing the kids rearranged bedrooms & the newly created school area (more bookshelves! yay!)

- Cleaning out my home office (again) - so I gan get some work done for our business while kids are at camp

- Learning to run the sound system at church

- Setting up for a co-op class I hope to teach in the fall

For kids:

They have each picked out a theme for a special summer project theat my husband and I will work on with them. J will learn to write & record a song, K will learn to read vocal music & record her singing, S will build an electronics project. I'm getting them all going with Scratch programming as well, then maybe on to Lego Mindstorms.

I'm taking a self care summer break. I have ignored myself for a long time in the pursuit of giving all to the children. 

I don't like hard core exercise. I much prefer exercise that is peaceful, so I'm going to try to get back into yoga and Pilates and just generally pay attention to myself.

I'm going to the Bravewriter retreat this month and I hope I come back with a lot to think about and implement!!

I want my oldest to finish his Saxon book. We took a detour in trying to find something better....um no...bad idea. Now i would like him to just work on his math. I'm getting a bit concerned at his progress there.

I'm going to continue to read and write with my 6 year old over the summer. And I want to practice handwriting with my dd.

I'll of course spend time over planning next year!!!

I have grand plans of reading a college Critical Thinking text I bought.

I also want to play around on the Open Culture website. 

I want my garden and yard to be tops this year.

Mostly I just want to relax!

Great idea!!

• start back up with my calligraphy that I've ignored waaay too long
  • deep clean all the main areas of the house, but only what I can do in an hour or two. Don't want it to consume me.
  •  digg into some of these bookmarks I have and have not done anything with...Coursera, classes on line via the library, Khan Academy etc. Maybe take one or two days a week to dig in.
  • continue walking an hour+ 6 days a week
  • be faithful to try a new recipe each week...that would be amazing if I did!

I've got ideas about schedules and laser-focusing on subjects but I'll put it in a new thread as to not get buried, although I've enjoyed this thread :)

My math lessons are getting done WAY ahead of schedule. The Bible reading app is torturing me, though. I don't have anything that I want to do more, so I am sticking with it for now. It's too passive. I'm so anxious, I want to be more active and to be able to set the pace more. Probably what I need more than anything is this passive activity, though, and not be able to power though it.

I stare at the screen as the gray highlight SLOWLY moves across the page, and listen to the SLOW voice read to me. All the sound effects and acting are amazing, but I want to scream at the screen. FASTER! FASTER! I don't think I need faster, though. What will faster accomplish?

I have such a LONG list of reasons why I should continue my goal of reading/listening to the NIV LIve app, and finish it in 90 days. But I feel tortured! 

My math lessons are getting done WAY ahead of schedule. The Bible reading app is torturing me, though. I don't have anything that I want to do more, so I am sticking with it for now. It's too passive. I'm so anxious, I want to be more active and to be able to set the pace more. Probably what I need more than anything is this passive activity, though, and not be able to power though it.

I stare at the screen as the gray highlight SLOWLY moves across the page, and listen to the SLOW voice read to me. All the sound effects and acting are amazing, but I want to scream at the screen. FASTER! FASTER! I don't think I need faster, though. What will faster accomplish?

I have such a LONG list of reasons why I should continue my goal of reading/listening to the NIV LIve app, and finish it in 90 days. But I feel tortured! 

http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/

I've done the read the Bible in a year schedules a couple different times in the past. I don't think I could handle an app or someone reading it to me tbh. Seems like it would cut into the contemplative mood I prefer when reading the Bible. And I need to read *my* Bible kwim? The actual falling apart, dog eared, taped, highlighted, notes in margins personal Bible. 

When I followed a reading plan I simply had a printed schedule in my Bible that I checked off each day and used as a bookmark.

This is a cool website. But I am positive there has to be a schedule that can be printed.

What exactly is the reasoning behind reading it in 90 days? I don't know what your personal beliefs are, but I certainly don't feel anyone should feel tortured while reading/studying the Bible (or any religious text).

Still too sick to push the bike up the hill. We finished reading "The Five Little Peppers" and ds is enjoying the offbeat obscure out of fashion phonics books that his brother and my students loved so much. I think he's actually capable of spending more time reading and doing little reading games in short, five minute sessions throughout the day than he was when we called it "lessons". He still has four lessons left in his Saxon K book but they're fun and I don't want to waste them while I'm so sick and bummed over being what P.T. Barnum says is born every minute.

I'll deal with it later, when i can get out of bed without the floor beating me up.

http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/

I've done the read the Bible in a year schedules a couple different times in the past. I don't think I could handle an app or someone reading it to me tbh. Seems like it would cut into the contemplative mood I prefer when reading the Bible. And I need to read *my* Bible kwim? The actual falling apart, dog eared, taped, highlighted, notes in margins personal Bible. 

When I followed a reading plan I simply had a printed schedule in my Bible that I checked off each day and used as a bookmark.

This is a cool website. But I am positive there has to be a schedule that can be printed.

What exactly is the reasoning behind reading it in 90 days? I don't know what your personal beliefs are, but I certainly don't feel anyone should feel tortured while reading/studying the Bible (or any religious text).

I'm using this schedule

http://www.thebrooknetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/BibleIn90Days.pdf

I'm not even a Christian anymore. :lol: I'll write more later, but the Bible is the most important "patterning work" and "great book". If there is one book to read/teach, this is the one. I have a long history of teaching using "The Bible as a Textbook" approach, both as a Christian, and not as a Christian. Educationally it just WORKS.

Still too sick to push the bike up the hill. We finished reading "The Five Little Peppers" and ds is enjoying the offbeat obscure out of fashion phonics books that his brother and my students loved so much. I think he's actually capable of spending more time reading and doing little reading games in short, five minute sessions throughout the day than he was when we called it "lessons". He still has four lessons left in his Saxon K book but they're fun and I don't want to waste them while I'm so sick and bummed over being what P.T. Barnum says is born every minute.

I'll deal with it later, when i can get out of bed without the floor beating me up.

Feel better soon!

For Me:

-Pack/Unpack (we are moving soon)

-Plan next year

-Read through my list of books (Deconstructing Penguins, Writers Jungle, Rose Where Did you Get that Red?, The Living Page, and How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare)

For All of us:

-Get in a good pattern with chores, sleep, exercise, and reading. I would also like to get in a good habit of Circle Time and Nature Journaling.

-Maybe work through some science

Dd8:

-Finish up SM 2B and Miquon Books

-Finish up SL 4-5 Reading List

-Read through Grammar Island

Dd6:

-Finish AAR Level 1

-Finish up ZB K

-Lots of Math games and playing with C-rods

Dd4:

-Finish up AAR Pre-Level

-Lots of Math games and playing with C-rods

And last but not least have a great Summer!  Lots of BBQs, Smores, Fireworks, star gazing, Running through sprinklers, and making mud pies, etc. :001_smile:Maybe I will even be brave enough to go camping this year. ;)

I'm going to the Bravewriter retreat this month and I hope I come back with a lot to think about and implement!!

I'm totally jealous, this sounds awesome!!

I'm keeping our summer goals list short, otherwise it simply won't get done lol.

With DS I want to finish up SOTW2 along with the activity guide as we are....hmmm... 15 weeks behind schedule. I've enrolled him in Athena Academy's SOTW3 online class for the fall to make sure we actually stay on track next year.

And with my DD I want to finish AAR2 (we're not even half way through yet) and work on her handwriting so she's ready for school in the fall... (her decision, sniff sniff).