Menu

S/O on shoes…If you've ever had your Birkis Repaired….

umsami

Where did you go and how much did it cost?  Also, were you happy with it?

One of my favorite pairs needs an entire new footbed. But I'm not sure I want to pay $80 for it, when I know I can find a new pair on sale for a similar amount.

Good question. I just had a small piece tear and I'm not sure what to do.  They're only about a year old. I've been wearing Birkenstock sandals for 15 years and never had anything like this happen. I'm not even sure if they're fixable.

I have these, and it's one of the thin straps that broke - on the inside where it meets the shoe.

womens-birkenstock-granada-sandals-tan.j

Edited for clarity.

Mine are Birkenstock, not Birki, there is a slight difference in the footbed as well as the sizing between Bikenstock, Birki, and Papillo, so I'm not sure if this is relevant to you.  This is an example of possible pricing for Birkenstock.  I have mine redone at a store in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  You can find retailers, repair stores, and mail in repair options on the Birkenstock website.  The last pair I finally got rid of I'd worn for 18 years. :)

I had a new sole (not the footbed) put on a pair of Boston Birkenstocks. I can't remember what paid. It was done thru a sporting good specialty store. Can't say that I was happy with it . They looked "remodeled". No I wouldn't do it again.

Good question. I just had a small piece tear and I'm not sure what to do. They're only about a year old. I've been wearing Birkenstock sandals for 15 years and never had anything like this happen. I'm not even sure if they're fixable.

I have these, and it's one of the thin straps that broke - on the inside where it meets the shoe.

Edited for clarity.

When I had the top part of a pair of Bostons break, the store decided the leather was too soft and replaced the entire pair. They considered it a defect.

I'd get mine repaired. But then, I get all my shoes repaired. My FIL does shoe repair and is the repair guy for one of the largest Birkinstock distributors on the east coast and does all my repairs for free. :-) Actually, the Birk distributor closed last month and gave all their surplus materials to my FIL. His garage is full of boxes of sandal pieces. 

When I first started wearing them 25 years ago, there was a local store that did everything. I think it was $35-$40. These days, it seems like I have to go through the web, so if you have any websites, let me know.

Responding to melmichigan, they are Birkenstock brand, but we've always called them Birkis…even prior to the product line extensions.  Sorry if that's confusing. :)

I would email the actual company as it does sound like it may be a defect.  I've never had any issues with my straps, and I've had this model as well as numerous others.   I have pairs of sandals that are 20 years old. :)

Good question. I just had a small piece tear and I'm not sure what to do.  They're only about a year old. I've been wearing Birkenstock sandals for 15 years and never had anything like this happen. I'm not even sure if they're fixable.

Edited for clarity.