Menu

Math Mammoth..have old version, do I need the new?

I don't think it's an absolute must; it depends on how important slight format tweaks are for your student and whether you prefer the new order of topics or the old one.  As for topic order, except for the fact that I think you'd need to purchase 6B, once you have that, you can teach the topics in any order you want.  If your student is more likely to be of the accelerated variety, I might be inclined to just use the old one.  Some of the old 6 topics will now be in the 7 prealgebra, IIRC.

Which grade level would your student be starting at?

Well I had the old ones, emailed her and she sent me the new ones for free. Definitely email. :)

Awesome.  This is what I was really wanting to know.  The only reason we stopped using MM in the past was the cluttered pages.  My dc could not concentrate.  I want to use it in the fall since I own it and wouldn't have to spend money.  Better formatting would be the only reason I would want to update.  I don't really care about the order of the concepts.  I am good at working through things as needed.