Menu

Bookshark is available today.

staceyobu

I had so hoped we could use BookShark to have more flexibility in our Bible and language arts...but, each Core is completely tied to a grade level!  I'm using Core A from Sonlight next year for my rising 2nd grader.  If I were to buy from BookShark for 3rd grade and do Core B, I'd be required to purchase 1st grade readers!  *Sigh*  Oh, well. 

On a positive note, I am very glad Sonlight is offering secular options.  I love the literature-based approach and am so happy they're widening their scope.

You can buy the Grade 1 History IG (http://www.bookshark.com/history-1-instructor-s-guide) separately. They offer grade level packages as a convenience, but you can still order individual items. http://www.bookshark.com/all-bookshark-products.

If you scroll down to the 2nd grade list, they offer schedules and notes for regular, intermediate, and advanced readers.

Just get the IGs you want and buy the rest of the books at Rainbow Resource.

I had so hoped we could use BookShark to have more flexibility in our Bible and language arts...but, each Core is completely tied to a grade level! I'm using Core A from Sonlight next year for my rising 2nd grader. If I were to buy from BookShark for 3rd grade and do Core B, I'd be required to purchase 1st grade readers! *Sigh* Oh, well.

On a positive note, I am very glad Sonlight is offering secular options. I love the literature-based approach and am so happy they're widening their scope.

And actually, this isn't true. If you choose the first grade package, you have your choice of 1st grade readers, 2nd grade regular readers, and 2nd intermediate. http://www.bookshark.com/first-grade-full-grade. So if the reading level of the readers was your only concern, then it is a non issue unless your child is beyond the intermediates or has already read them.

I had so hoped we could use BookShark to have more flexibility in our Bible and language arts...but, each Core is completely tied to a grade level!  I'm using Core A from Sonlight next year for my rising 2nd grader.  If I were to buy from BookShark for 3rd grade and do Core B, I'd be required to purchase 1st grade readers!  *Sigh*  Oh, well. 

On a positive note, I am very glad Sonlight is offering secular options.  I love the literature-based approach and am so happy they're widening their scope.

It looks like you can select a reading level for the first and second grade packages.  

I'm in this weird spot where we already own Core A and I want to use it for my kinder and 2nd graders next year.  My 2nd grader needs the 2nd intermediate readers.  I'm wondering if I should order Core B a year in advance to save money on the reader purchase.  And, if I order them without a core, I may wind up needing a core minus readers next year.  But, I don't know that I want to order stuff a whole year ahead...