Menu

Biblioplan Bible

3girls4me

Can anyone tell me their thoughts of the bible portion of biblioplan? We are going to finish up American history this year (not biblioplan) but will likely start year one of BP after that. I have bought God's great covenant (CAP) for next year but am realizing that it's OT part 1, so much will likely be studied again with BP if we choose to use their bible portion. If it isn't that great, I may stick with what I have and then just move on to OT 2 while doing BP ancients.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I haven't used Biblioplan but I am using God's Great Covenant 1 right now. I just want to say I love this product and quickly bought book 2 for Old Testament and book 1 for New Testament. Book 2 comes out in June. The Teacher's Manual is awesome with the expanded information. We are evangelical Christians and it's perfect (for us).

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I have to ask llifeon18wheels:  I am looking at CAP, and it says it is from a reformed perspective teaching Westminster's Catechism.  I am not Reformed, and I wondered how much of the Reformed perspective you encountered, if much at all.  From the samples, I don't think I will have an issue and could always alter a lesson or two and discuss what I believe, but I was just curious what your experience has been.

I would not consider BP's Bible to be enough. It's scheduled 3 days a week, and I usually want to do at least 4, if not 5. In year 1, you have to whiz through the Bible to keep up with the history, even if doing Bible every day in the week. Then in the other years, Bible seems more like church history. If I were using BP, I would be supplementing the Bible portion.

Re: CAP's program, I've never looked at it, but we would call ourselves Reformed Baptist, and we've taught our children The Westminsters Shorter catechism for children and there were only a few questions in the catechism itself that we changed the wording to or cut. I believe the one had to do with baptism.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I have to ask llifeon18wheels: I am looking at CAP, and it says it is from a reformed perspective teaching Westminster's Catechism. I am not Reformed, and I wondered how much of the Reformed perspective you encountered, if much at all. From the samples, I don't think I will have an issue and could always alter a lesson or two and discuss what I believe, but I was just curious what your experience has been.

I'm going to admit mybifnorance here but I don't know the difference between reformed Catechism and not. I didn't go to church as a child and it saved when I was 31 years old. I went straight into an evangelical church.

What was important to me was that the student book explain the Word of God for what is is and the book does that very well. I didn't feel like there was additional explanation that can come in study bibles. Our daughter is 10 and has been raised on KJV (daddy's request, I like Amplified myself). When I read the teachers manual, I like the explanation and expansion of thought in it and I pick and choose what we discuss further.

I asked my daughter the Catechism questions but am ignorant to their importance in a theological sense. I'm sorry for not helping with your question. My main goal was a child level teaching on the Word of God, historically told but also fully opening up he idea of faith and God's power.

Michelle

I had the same questions regarding what was included in Biblioplan for Bible.  I was also considering using CAP in addition to BP.  I have recently purchased the family guide for BP Year 3, so this is giving me a better idea of what the Bible portion entails.  As far as I can ascertain, the guide lists a portion of the Bible to be read weekly, but the guide itself doesn't include a Bible study.  The guide for Year 3 suggests doing a study on Proverbs and Ecclesiastes as a family.

There are suggestions  for books or guides to use for more in-depth study for jr. high and high school.  For example, the plans for the 4th quarter for 7th grade and up suggest studying the book of James using a study guide by Bob and Rose Weiner.  

Hope that helps.

Thanks!  As to Reformed Theology, I admit that I am no theological scholar either.  There are very few things I object to about the Westminster catechism as it is worded.  That's why I was asking if you had seen any overt references to more Reformed Theology.  The main point of Reformed Theology that I take most issue with is predestination.  Not to start a theological debate, but I would need to revise any curriculum that taught from that perspective.  

After looking at samples of Biblioplan, I would agree that the later years are more church history.  I considered Biblioplan as our history, but I never thought it would replace the need for Bible.  However, I do think that studying Ancient History, especially, lends itself to a lot of Biblical study.  I was planning to do the OT of CAP's God's Great Covenant with ancient history.