Menu

Has anyone stayed at the Gaylord Orlando hotel?

Zebra

Looking for some reviews and thoughts here.   I am reading that the shuttle service to Disney stinks from this hotel, and I am wondering if anyone out there has experience staying at this specific hotel and with their shuttle service to the Disney parks....One thing I know from experience is that the "Disney" hotels have very good shuttle service to the parks.   And it makes a huge difference :) .

Thanks for any thoughts!

My husband stayed there for a conference a couple of years ago.  It is a very nice hotel.  The kids and I stayed somewhere else and picked him up each evening for dinner.

We did not use the shuttle service.

For the cost, I would opt to stay at Bonnet Creek and get a 2 bedroom condo.

Another who has never used the shuttle service. Heck, that place is a destination in itself!

But not for a week.   At least not for me!   It gets really old staying in a hotel room for a week with nothing to do.   We would be tagging along to a conference with my DH, and we've been through this before that you get to the hotel and it's in some weird area and there is literally is nothing to do.  Or it's really meant for people attending conferences so the "services" are shockingly bad.  So they say they have "shuttle service" to Disney, but it's actually a van that seats 10 people once a day and if it's full, too bad for you :glare:.   Which is fine for 2 or 3 days, but this conference is for a week.  In Orlando!   And the Disney tickets are so expensive I can't be paying for taxis, or car rentals or parking fees.  I need a free shuttle to make it work.  We also have to stay in this hotel.

I have read reviews and they are mixed about the shuttle service. 

So if anyone has ever used the shuttle service and could give me an opinion, that would be good :lol:!!!

I live in Orlando... but stayed at the Gaylord with my DH one night.  I was actually very disappointed with the service.  The hotel itself is a fun experience but you can walk in and experience it without staying there.  I MUCH prefer the Shingle Rosen Creek hotel.  I've stayed there a few times and have always had a fantastic time there :-)