Menu

Cool chemistry experiment using household stuff, need a diaper or two

IfIOnly

My son like to search YouTube for science experiments to do at home.  This was his find today and it was really fun to see his results!

written instructions/additional info: http://www.education.com/activity/article/Diaper_Science_middle/

ETA.  I'm sure my son would appreciate links or info. on science experiments your kids have enjoyed if you don't mind sharing!

This is really cool.  Thanks for sharing it.  We'll definitely have to check out this guys other videos.  I didn't know there was diaper powder in diapers.  I know we will have to try this....only my youngest is 10 years old.  Hmmm....I might have to buy a small pack of diapers.  Did you have trouble getting the powder out of them?  About how much powder was in one diaper? 

There was about 1 teaspoon of powder per diaper, and my son had no problem sorting the powder from the cotton diaper filling.  

My son did the experiment again for his dad later on the day I posted this.  My son likes magic and science, so this experiment was a win win for him.  His trick for dad was similar to this:  

There was about 1 teaspoon of powder per diaper, and my son had no problem sorting the powder from the cotton diaper filling.  

My son did the experiment again for his dad later on the day I posted this.  My son likes magic and science, so this experiment was a win win for him.  His trick for dad was similar to this:  

Thanks for posting this too!