Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

portland_hill

sad news about nmoira

i did not know she was sick. I am shocked and in tears. She meant a great deal to me on these boards. We had discussions about healthy eating (she wanted to know more about Fresh20!), evolution, Justin Beiber (important stuff, folks!) Henle and of course, she was the resident Galore Park aficionado. She was one of the most inspiring, engaging, caring posters on these boards and was always full of information, wit and a helpful hand. She was just so. very. supportive.

I can't believe she's gone. I am in tears. You will be greatly missed, and if the people on this board will miss you (which I know they will, tremendously), I can't imagine the gaping hole you've left in the heart of your family. 

Be at peace, Moira. 

I don't have any words, just pain and tears.  And this feeling of wanting to say so much but not knowing what or how.  

Holding her family in my thoughts.   Be at peace, Moira.  

This is such sad news.  I'm going to miss her wisdom and humor. Keeping her family in my thoughts.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family.  :grouphug:

I will miss her wit and wisdom.

I'm heartbroken over this news.  She is someone I felt like I could almost like her posts without reading them.  She was such an asset to this community.  Peace to her family.  :angelsad2:

Typing and deleting because I don't know what to say or how to say it.  She's been a staple here for a long, long time, someone whose posts were always worth reading.  I so hope her girls one day come to here to read all those posts, catch a glimpse of another side of mom.

Our beloved member Moira passed away yesterday, leaving behind her husband and two daughters. She was diagnosed with 4th stage melanoma in January. 

What….?!  I'm shocked and grieved.  My presence here has dwindled, but we had ties that transcended our posting habits.  Still, I didn't know about her diagnosis ~ this despite the fact that my husband was diagnosed with advanced stage melanoma in the not-too-distant past.  I guess it only goes to prove that we never do know what's happening behind the scenes.

Wow.  Very, very sad. :-/

How terrible.  I did notice she hadn't been around much lately, but people take breaks and get busy... no idea it was her health.  Deepest condolences to her family, and may she rest in peace.  :(

Ohhh, what sad news!

I never read a posts of hers, as I'm fairly new, but from reading everyone's posts I'm sure I have missed out *big time* not knowing her.

So tragic for those left behind, especially her darling children!

Does anyone know the ages of them? :’(

I am stunned and saddened to read this! I have noticed that she had not been posting much lately, but I had no idea she was ill. :(

I PMed her a few times for info and she had always been so friendly and helpful! I will miss her wise and humourous posts on these forums. Her family will be in my thoughts.

Portland_hill, thank you for letting us know.

Her poor family.  I will be praying for them.

Who knows, perhaps they will take comfort in years to come that they can go to the Internet wayback or archives of this board and "hear" their Mom's voice… her sense of humor…and how she thought.  I wonder if there's a way to put together a book or file for them for the future?

But.... but.... she was JUST HERE!

Such a sad surprise. I did not realize she was even ill. Oh my, this board has seen some beautiful people slip away this past year.

OP, thank you for letting us know.

Just seeing this now. Oh. Such sad, shocking news. I liked Moira and she had so much that she offered this community and the others that she was a part of. :( It will not be the same without her. I'm so sad for her little girls. I've seen pictures of Moira and the girls. I'll never forget their smiles. So much sadness tonight. :(. And this past year. I still have PMs in my box from both Kay and Moira.

I knew I remembered one of Moira's funny posts, I mentioned it in the thread about crazy neighbors, but in that thread I named another poster I thought had made it. Here it is. RIP dear Moira. You will be missed.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/465704-some-things-you-cant-unsee/

Thanks for the memories - that was a great thread to remember her humor with.

I knew I remembered one of Moira's funny posts, I mentioned it in the thread about crazy neighbors, but in that thread I named another poster I thought had made it. Here it is. RIP dear Moira. You will be missed.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/465704-some-things-you-cant-unsee/

Thank you, I think, at least for us boardies, that's one of the best ways to remember her

:(  The Hive has lost a great mind.

Moira's family has lost so much more.

:crying:

Thank you, portland hill, for letting us know.

So sorry to hear about nmoira.  She brought a lot to the board and pm'd with me when I needed help.  She will be missed.  I'll be praying for her family.