Menu

What's with the ads?

portland_hill

sad news about nmoira

So awful to see this news :(.

She was well loved on this board and will be greatly missed. Praying for her husband and girls. I extend my deepest condolences to her family & friends.

Oh Moira.  :crying:

She was so upbeat about it, and at the same time, really gearing up for the battle, too.  It's sad she didn't get to wade into the fray very far, but her humour truly shone through it all the same.  Battle over.  Life well lived, my friend.  Life well lived.

• Like 34

It's a loss for us on the boards as well.

We'll miss her.

Tons of (((hugs))) to her family.

• Like 3

Well that just sucks.

She was a poster I disagreed with a lot, but even during a discussion where we differed, I never lost respect for her. She managed to have strong opinions without being hateful, crass, or rude.

Prayers to her family and friends. She'll be missed her for sure.

• Like 1

She was excited for a drug trial too.

I am so sad to see that cancer took her that fast.

I think it was knowing that she was participating in them made me think she'd be able to beat this.

• Like 2

Oh.

I just realized she's the poster with the moon man from George Melies.

Oh my goodness.

She will be missed by many.

<3 to her family.

Such sad news, my deepest condolences to her family.

She was one of those posters you watched for...

I am so sorry to read this. Hers is definitely a voice that will be missed by this old boardie.

Adieu et s'amuse bien sur votre voyage dans la lune, Moira.

• Like 14

So shocked and sad.

My heart goes out to her family.

You will be missed, Moira. :crying:

I'm just stunned reading this.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading her posts through the years. She had a wonderful way of making her point without belittling anyone. I learned a lot from her.

Our community will be poorer without her.

Requiescat in pace.

So shocked and saddened. Noticed she was posting less and less and didn't know it was due to illness. She was so sweet when I asked her for something via PM. She will be so sorely missed. RIP dear Moira. Your reading lists and suggestions will always be legendary and helpful to me.

Thank you OP for updating us.

• Like 4

So saddened to hear this news.  Moira was someone whose voice I greatly respected.

My deepest sympathy and prayers are with her family right now...

Oh, I am so saddened to come on here and read this. While I didn't have a ton of interaction with Moira, I am well aware of her personality and she will be missed.

I just got back from the post office where I mailed off Rosie's quilt square. All day I have been reflecting on this forum. It is absolutely amazing to me how we meet and bond over our screens each day, how we share in one another's joys and accomplishments and how our hearts break over each other's pains and losses. Today is definitely a sad day. :(

This sucks.

I pray her family can find peace and comfort in their memories of her love for them.

:(

:( I will be sending good thoughts out for her family. I rarely ever PM anyone here but she is one that I have for questions and help with my phone. She was always so nice and helpful. Her posts were always interesting and funny - even if I didn't agree. I will miss her voice here.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear this and so very sorry for her family. 

I am just seeing this now. I'm so very sad to learn this news, I looked forward to Moira's posts, her wit and wisdom. She will be greatly missed. My heart truly goes out to her family.

Oh no! I also did not know she was in the midst of the battle. :( With prayers, and thanks to her family for sharing her with all of us on this Board.

• Like 1

Looking back at her posts... right now it's kind of destroying me that she went out of her way to check in on me and see how I was doing, after I whined about my measly little stage 0 cancer surgery. And I didn't even have the slightest idea that she was sick.

That wasn't our last interaction, though. Our last interaction was that she liked my post in the thread about Art Robinson wanting people to send him their pee. Somehow that seems more "right," for how I think about Moira.

• Like 18

I've learned so much from reading her posts here. Stunned, and cannot imagine how it is for her loved ones. So sorry to all here who were close to her, too.

I learned so much from her and looked forward to her posts. What a great loss for our community and especially her beloved family. Just heartbreaking.