Menu

sad news about nmoira

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello WTM Friends of Moira, I created a sign in today to be able to expand the messages and read more about Moira in your reminiscing. I am the friend who was wondering about what she has shared abo

Hello Dear Community,   Now 2 years without Moira, I wanted to check in among her WTM friends. The family is doing quite well. The girls had to go to public school. The oldest really likes it, hav

I read the news last night with deep sadness, and was too overcome in the moment to respond. I'd logged in to send her a PM and see how she was doing, not expecting this.   I was aware how ill Moira

I'm another who had no idea she was sick and feel awful for her family.  I enjoyed her posts and will really miss her.

I do want to thank you for taking the time to update us...

It's coming on the same day I learned that a co-worker (fairly young - 10 year old son) has cancer that has spread and was given 6 months - 2 years, so right now my mind is reeling to be honest.

• Like 1
Guest inoubliable

I can't wrap my mind around this. If anyone could have beat her illness, I figured it would have been her. :( I never expected that she'd lose the fight. 

• Like 1

Oh, how shocking.  I'm so sorry for her family, sorry for their loss.  She shared a lot of her wisdom here. 

(Make sure you send along the link to this thread to someone who can get it to her husband/children -- they might appreciate seeing how much she was appreciated here.)

A post of hers from the recent "What do you wish you knew about life (in general) when you were 30?" thread --

This, and not to be morbid, but don't just assume you have another 50 years.

:(  May your memory be eternal, Moira. 

• Like 15

Oh, how shocking.  I'm so sorry for her family, sorry for their loss.  She shared a lot of her wisdom here. 

(Make sure you send along the link to this thread to someone who can get it to her husband/children -- they might appreciate seeing how much she was appreciated here.)

Thank you, I will.

I didn't even know she was sick, so this is such an incredible shock. I can't even imagine what her husband and daughters are going through right now. :crying:

I will miss her posts here, and can't even begin to imagine that she died. She seemed so full of life and energy.

Portland_hill, thank you so much for letting us know what happened; I'm sure we all appreciate it.

I don't know if you have posted the news over on the General Education board, but there are many people there who don't always check this Chat forum and I'm sure they would want to know about Moira. They may also have more information for you about her homeschooling plans for her daughters.

Please let her family know how sad we are, and that whomever will be taking over the homeschooling should feel encouraged to start posting here, so we can all help her out in any way we can. It's the very least we can do in memory of Moira. :grouphug:

• Like 8

Oh Moira.  :crying:

She was so upbeat about it, and at the same time, really gearing up for the battle, too.  It's sad she didn't get to wade into the fray very far, but her humour truly shone through it all the same.  Battle over.  Life well lived, my friend.  Life well lived.

• Like 33