Menu

Which FitBit do I want?? First world problem.

Moxie

DH and I are getting each other FitBits for our anniversary.  I'm looking at the web-site and can't decide what I want.

I like the bracelet aspect of the Flex but I wonder if that would cause me to not wear it when I wanted to look a certain way?  Also, it doesn't track stairs (why???) and I live in a 70's split level so I'd love to know how many stairs I'm doing each day.  I like that it tracks sleep but I have little kids so even if the silly thing tells me I get up too many times, I can't really fix that.

The One tracks everything I want but I worry that it will fall off and get lost when I pick up a kid.

Thoughts??

I have the older one that they sold before the One. I keep it in my pants pocket or when I have no pocket, attach it to my shoelaces.   

I love the idea of the bracelet but I know I wouldn't want to have something on my wrist all the time.   

I am not sure how accurate the bracelet one is. My sister spent the weekend with one of her friends who got the bracelet one. Her friend is a hand gesturer when she talks. Her friend's bracelet gave her credit for a lot more steps than my sister's regular pedometer did. The bracelet gave her steps while they were sitting eating - because her hands were flying all over while she talked.

I've been wearing my Fitbit One on my waistband for a year. My dsis wears hers on her bra (I find that uncomfortable). A few times mine has popped off, once when I was doing the laundry, once when I was hanging into the chest freezer (literally---I'm short lol), and once when changing quickly (I forgot it was on).

I have the One and wear it attached to my bra. It isn't going anywhere. Before purchasing I tried the bracelet version from a friend and just really didn't like the feeling of something around my wrist 24\7.

Edits to add: I've found the sleep monitoring next to useless, and of questionable accuracy.

I recently purchased a One and so far it's stayed where I put it.  I don't worry about losing it.  Usually, it's clipped to a pocket or to my bra.  DH got one, too, he keeps his on his waistband.  

Did you know that on an average day, I go up the stairs 30+ times?  I was impressed with myself.  (I'm rather disorganized and so am constantly running up or downstairs to look for something, and then I forget something else....really, I should be a lot thinner.)

Fitbits are a lot of fun.  

I have a Zip and like it. I have worn it in my pocket and in my bra with the clip facing out, and it seems secure enough. I do occasionally forget to take it off my jeans at night, so I make sure to check for it before I wash anything.

Same here.

I really like the Zip, too, and if you watch Amazon for discounts, you can often get it for a very reasonable price.

I bought the One (IIRC) a few months back, the one that does stairs and sleep. The sleep monitoring is not accurate and I didn't find the stairs monitoring to be very good either. In the week I used it I had issues with it freezing up at least 3 times. I returned it as it wasn't worth it for the inaccuracies.

I have a Zip and like it. I have worn it in my pocket and in my bra with the clip facing out, and it seems secure enough. I do occasionally forget to take it off my jeans at night, so I make sure to check for it before I wash anything.

I actually did accidentally wash my zip once and it was fine. I also somehow ended up with a lot of steps that night. :tongue_smilie:

I have the Flex and I really like it. I don't think it operates only on arm swing because if I am pushing a stroller or carrying something and therefore not swinging an arm, it still registers steps. It seems accurate enough for my purposes, though a couple of times I have gotten the "You reached your goal!" buzz when I was burping a baby (and the Fitbit page says that is one activity that registers as steps when it's not!).

I like the Flex because I can wear it basically all the time and it's water resistant. I have actually forgotten to take regular pedometers off my swimsuit once I was ready to get in a pool--that is not good for pedometers.  :lol:

I love my One.  I wear it on my bra strap.  I tried using it while sleeping but didn't like it.   I used to wear it on my waist band but kept dropping it when going to the bathroom!   My bra strap has worked much better.  If I'm not wearing a bra then I put it on my waistband.