Menu

Tell me about your ipad.

Catherine

I recommend getting as much space as you can afford. I have a 16GB iPad 2, and though it's easy enough to move things around to free up space, I wish I had more storage. I use the Kindle app as a secondary ereader and for books with color photos or video content, but I greatly prefer reading on my Kindle.

Love my iPad. I second getting as much data as you can afford. I have Cellular Data, which has been indispensable for me! I do not have good internet at my house. Though I have a smart phone, I use the data and web as infrequently on the phone as possible; it is too small and the scrolling is a pain. Now I almost always keep my ipad with me when I am out and about. I also used the navigation a lot recently when DD wanted to visit colleges. Loved it! I am directionally-challenged! We were even able to find the place we wanted to eat lunch on the ipad while in another state. Very cool!

I do use the Kindle app sometimes, but the Kindle Paperwhite is much better for reading outdoors. So, the ipad isn't as good for that purpose. I also love the Duolingo app for practicing French.

Only thing I don't like is the case I bought at the Apple store. Dh's case is way better, because the "easel" part sits the ipad up higher. My case has a three-section prop and it only sits it up about an inch or two.

Love mine. I have a mini which is a good size for me and I've never regretted not getting the bigger one (I've had for about 18 months). It fits nicely in my purse and is easy to take with me. I do read books in it, but sometimes my eyes get tired with the backlight so I'll switch to my Kindle.

I too am glad I went for cellular. I use it out and about a lot. Mine is bundled with my iPhone to share data. I have 2 GB/month which is plenty as long as I remember to put it on wifi when I can.

I bought one of these to prop it up in the kitchen. I use my iPad a lot for recipes:

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Angle-E-readers-Smartphones-Compatible-Transformer/dp/B00D856NOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401311082&sr=8-1&keywords=Ipad+stand

Puffy rainbow heart it! I have the 64GB mini and it is my BFF.  Okay, maybe not exactly my BFF, but pretty close.  If I could buy it again though, I'd get the cellular, instead of just the WiFi.  I really like it for an e-reader.  I think the Kindle is better as an e-reader, because it's easier on the eyes, but I really haven't had a problem at all with the iPad, and I read A LOT.  It's easier to read on the iPad than my computer though, so the backlighting isn't as harsh. 

Get as much memory as you can afford. You may not think you'll need it, but you likely will, because you'll want to put everything on it.  Mine is loaded with books, apps, movies, TV shows, documents and all sorts of stuff.  I don't know how I lived without it!