Menu

Going on a cruise on my own with 3 children

Jasperstone

I don't have any advice but I am jealous :). I wanted to do an east coast cruise earlier this month with just the kids but the cruise line said no-go on having 2 connecting cabins unless another adult was joining us.

Not sure which cruise line you are going with but the ones we have gone on have amazing kids club programs that run pretty much all the time. I know the Holland America cruise we were looking at even had culinary classes for the older kids.

Take advantage of any kids programs.

Have a wonderful time!!!

I agree with the kids' camp on the boat.  I didn't realize what it was until halfway through my 2nd cruise.  :P  Because I always take work with me, it would have been good for the kids if they had kids to hang out with and kid-friendly activities when we weren't on a shore excursion.  The kids loved the "camp" and it has great hours.

I also got massages etc. while my kids were in kids' camp.  :P  Hey, if not then, when?

Eating in the assigned "restaurant" kind of sucked.  The buffet is a million times more relaxed and fun.  Once I discovered the buffet place, I never went back to the "restaurant."

My only other advice is to find out where they have the 24/7 coffee and soft serve dispensers.  :P

I've found cruises to be a very kid-friendly way to vacation.  I was kind of surprised the first time that it was so stress-free compared to other trips we've taken.

I don't have any advice but I am jealous :). I wanted to do an east coast cruise earlier this month with just the kids but the cruise line said no-go on having 2 connecting cabins unless another adult was joining us.

Not sure which cruise line you are going with but the ones we have gone on have amazing kids club programs that run pretty much all the time. I know the Holland America cruise we were looking at even had culinary classes for the older kids.

Take advantage of any kids programs.

Have a wonderful time!!!

Thank you! That's a shame they didn't allow you that!

Our cruise is from Brisbane (Australia) to the South Pacific islands.

Yes, they have a kids club, and I'm sure mine will be there the majority of the time when not at the islands.

I agree with the kids' camp on the boat. I didn't realize what it was until halfway through my 2nd cruise. :P Because I always take work with me, it would have been good for the kids if they had kids to hang out with and kid-friendly activities when we weren't on a shore excursion. The kids loved the "camp" and it has great hours.

I also got massages etc. while my kids were in kids' camp. :P Hey, if not then, when?

Eating in the assigned "restaurant" kind of sucked. The buffet is a million times more relaxed and fun. Once I discovered the buffet place, I never went back to the "restaurant."

My only other advice is to find out where they have the 24/7 coffee and soft serve dispensers. :P

I've found cruises to be a very kid-friendly way to vacation. I was kind of surprised the first time that it was so stress-free compared to other trips we've taken.

Great advice about the buffet instead of the fine dining! I can just see how stressful it would be for me to get my boys to behave there, especially my busy 4 year old!

Hmmm massages sound wonderful! But unfortunately they aren't included. Maybe, I should treat myself with one though?

I know that the soft serve is free, but coffee is extra- need to buy a coffee card. Might be worth it. :-D