Menu

Funny you tube videos (Southern accent content)

Alessandra

Sorry about the colourful language, but that's a very southern expression. :o

Dick's mayonnaise is very, very, very popular here in my town. I, however, am originally from Oklahoma anf prefer Hellman's or homemade. I also love the organic mayo from kroger but no one else will eat it. :)

For all I know she said Duke's mayonnaise. I can't tell haha

I thought she said Duke's.  I've never heard of Dick's, and can't find anything about it on a Google search.  But I only looked through the first five pages of hits.  Maybe it's buried further in?

Brings back memories...I can't tell you how many times my mother declared my boyfriends 'dumb as dirt'. She was right every single time she said it, too. 

And 'fixin to'. I still say that.  My Wisconsin friends tease me endlessly about that phrase. 

She said Duke's Mayonnaise, not Dick's.

And I use so many of those expressions it is not even funny! "pot to piss in" "dumb as dirt" "fixin' to"

LOL! Thanks for the laugh! 

Duke's mayonnaise is the only acceptable one in some circles :)  And I wonder where in the states ya'll are watching this--this is my WORLD and I can't see what's funny about it, lol!

Betsy

Reminds me of a scene from Annie Hall. The Woody Allen character is converting to Christianity. He opens a shopping bag, gets out a prayer book, rosary, white bread and a jar of mayonnaise (versus rye and mustard).

Lot of cultural baggage attached to mayonnaise....

They are awesome! Though some of it is such common speech to me that I forgot someone might find it funny. I learned to tone down my accent and idioms when I went to college and did pretty good unless I was tired or drank too much. Now I'm back in the heart of it. I'll never forget a new guest's reaction at Thanksgiving to my mom's declaration that she was "full as a tick."

She said Duke's Mayonnaise, not Dick's.

And I use so many of those expressions it is not even funny! "pot to piss in" "dumb as dirt" "fixin' to"

LOL! Thanks for the laugh! 

Yep, same here. Lol!  And I can't figure out why people thought she was saying "Dick's." Doesn't sound at all like that to me. 

Duke's mayonnaise is the only acceptable one in some circles :)  And I wonder where in the states ya'll are watching this--this is my WORLD and I can't see what's funny about it, lol!

Betsy

:iagree:

They are awesome! Though some of it is such common speech to me that I forgot someone might find it funny. I learned to tone down my accent and idioms when I went to college and did pretty good unless I was tired or drank too much. Now I'm back in the heart of it. I'll never forget a new guest's reaction at Thanksgiving to my mom's declaration that she was "full as a tick."

I have toned mine down quite a bit over the years too, even though I still live in the same place. Or at least, I think I've toned it down. Until I hear a recording of myself.  :lol:

Well as an Aussie I didn't get most of that...I just watched it cause of the accent LOL.

" he's dumb as dirt...bless his heart" did make me laugh though.

I love the redhead....she's like a Southern version of our Aussie bogan lol.