Menu

No. Cal colleges?

Okay, we looked into PA colleges, thank you all. Now we are going to spread options to No. Cal.

So far, Mills is on list and that is it, we want something with less than 2000 pop. and dd is Journalism/ Hist. major, not decided yet.

We are hoping for something cheaper than Mills.

Any ideas,

Jet

Okay, we looked into PA colleges, thank you all. Now we are going to spread options to No. Cal.

So far, Mills is on list and that is it, we want something with less than 2000 pop. and dd is Journalism/ Hist. major, not decided yet.

We are hoping for something cheaper than Mills.

Any ideas,

Jet

Most of the colleges I can think of are a lot bigger than what you're looking for. There is UC Merced however - it's still quite small since it just opened a couple of years ago. Also there's UOP in Stockton - it has about 3500 undergrads. It's pretty pricey, but I understand they have good financial aid. Another one is William Jessup University in Rocklin, which is just a bit northeast of Sacramento. It's very small, and price-wise it looks to be comparable to the UC.

HTH.

I am a Cal Poly graduate so I am obviously a bit partial to that school... high caliber education on par with many of the UCs and private schools but with public school price, small town, and conservative values as a whole on campus. That said, they excel at business, agriculture, engineering, and computers and their education program is one of the most rigorous in CA. I don't know where they fall for History or Journalism.

Fresno state- don't waste your time.

UC Merced is new and small and doesn't have a reputation yet.